Ch. 7 / The Jury's Out But My Choice Is You

"I'm here, I'm here, baby," he said before kissing her on the lips. She was having bad chills and he figured he had to get her home fast and keep her warm. "I'm going to take you home now, love... I love you," he whispered as he held onto her for dear life.

--------------

Harry drove along the busy streets, occasionally glancing at Taylor, making sure she was okay. The traffic was bad, so he had decided to go back to his parents' house instead. It would take less time to go there than to drive home to his apartment.

Once he had arrived back to the house, he carried Taylor bridal style and took her inside.

"What happened?!" his mom questioned when he walked in.

"I had to bring her here. She's freezing. We need a place to stay and my house was too far," Harry explained as he headed toward the couch and gently laid Taylor down on it.

"Why is she cold?" His mom asked again, obviously frustrated, as she tried to assess the situation.

"We had a fight and she asked me to stop the car. She went out and told me to leave her alone, so I did..." He explained guiltily.

"Harry!" Anne, Harry's mom, exclaimed in horror. She immediately shook her head at her son, upon imagining what Taylor could have encountered when he had left her on the streets. Sure, she didn't like Taylor that much, but she knew that what her son did was wrong.

"What's going on here?" Des, Harry's dad, asked as he stepped in the living room, where he found Harry attending to an unconscious Taylor lying on the couch, looking really pale.

Since his parents were basically the reason he and Taylor were fighting, Harry had decided to tell them the truth.

"She was so upset for disappointing you two. She kept on ranting about it and I was being insensitive and inconsiderate, and decided I've had enough of her crap. She wanted me to stop the car, so I did and she went out. I know I was a jerk for leaving her out in the cold, but I just wasn't thinking straight.... When I realized what I have done, I went back to find her. I caught her surrounded by five filthy men, trying to scare the shit out of her. This is where we ended up. I was so stupid. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if something worse had happened," he hissed. Although he was glad that nothing worse had happened, he was so disappointed at himself for breaking his promise not to ever leave her. He was supposed to be there for her and never let her down when she needed him the most.

"Take her to the guest room. I'll give her a hot bath," Anne kindly offered.

"I'll go make hot cocoa," Des said as he rushed to the kitchen.

Harry couldn't quite believe what he had heard, but he didn't comment on it. He was relieved at his parents' mood change.

"Too cold..." He heard Taylor whisper while her body continued to shiver.

He remembered his mom saying that she would give Taylor a warm bath, so he carried Taylor to the guest room. Once he reached the room's en-suite bathroom, he sat her on the chair in front of the vanity. He then took off her coat, scarf, boots, and socks.

"I got you, love," Harry whispered lovingly, as he took her in a warm embrace.

Fortunately, Anne soon entered the bathroom to help Taylor take a bath.

"Mom, I can't take off her clothes," Harry said worriedly.

"It's okay. I'll take it from here. Get some clean clothes from my closet," she commanded.

Harry kissed his girlfriend's warm forehead and whispered in her ear. "I'll be back Tay, I love you."

He walked out and found his cell phone ringing on top of his bed. Picking it up, he swiped the screen and answered the call. It was Austin.