chpt 3

the rain had stopped

the rain had stopped. droplets of water dripping from the leaves caused by the rain. xiao had just finished playing his guitar, venti eyes shining like a diamond.

venti didn't expect that 'this' xiao was good at playing the guitar. his cheeks heating up from the sudden thought. "did i do alright..?" xiao asked not facing the braided male.

venti giggles noticing his ears becoming red. "yup! you did great!" venti says with a smile xiao faced him and flashes a small smile. "well, even if i wanted to stay for a bit longer i have to go," venti says, and xiao nods

"would you like me to accompany you home..?" xiao said facing away as he hides his guitar "no need! i can..go alone..ehe" venti says and by the time xiao looks at his back venti had disappeared already.

it is almost the end of may and the last time xiao had seen venti was 2 weeks ago. xiao craved for venti's presence it has been bothering him for a while now.

10 missed assignments and low scores in his quizzes. is this how impact venti left xiao? thinking of him and longing for his presence. xiao wanted to block these thoughts by saying he's just a stranger.

and yet ended up wondering, does he feel the same way too?

a knock was heard on the door. all he knew he is alone. no visitors were coming and zhongli with childe went to go shopping. xiao walks to the door and opened it. his eyes widen from the sudden presence of him

"hayo xiao!" venti says in a cheerful voice. after all these days he finally showed up in front of him. him wanting to hide the smile that was already forming thru his lips. "hey venti.." xiao says unsure of what to say.

they both went inside as xiao prepares a drink for them the two to drink. xiao decided to prepare an apple shake.

xiao had the courage to ask "why didn't you come for a week?" xiao says pretending to look for something in the kitchen. venti chuckles in response "did you miss me that much?~" says in a teasingly way.

xiao got caught off-guard by venti's response a red tint occurs in his ears, venti laughs as he notices xiao's ears turning red "i don't okay!" xiao says not wanting to admit.

"fine emo boy!" venti says as he fixes his eyes to the television, xiao walks over and brought some drinks and apples "hey xiao, i was wondering what course you got in college," venti ask taking a big bite from the apple

"uh? music?" "what course do you take?" xiao asks as venti chuckles "i dropped off college a year ago," venti says finishing his apple, silence took over the atmosphere. venti felt the awkward feeling surrounding them and excused himself.

xiao felt his eyes heavy and took a small nap while waiting for the boy. venti went back, seeing black with teal undertones in slumber while holding an apple in his palm.

"goodnight sleepyhead."