chpt 14

xiao woke up from his dream wondering how many times did he dreamt of venti how could he dream of someone dead after two years. is he watching him from above? is he alright there?

venti was sent to the hospital the day after they went to liyue. the first day of spring is the day he died. xiao suffered from his death venti's grave is in mondstadt. it has been 2 years without him.

xiao feels his tears forming in his eyes, he wipes them using his palms. it's a new year, a year without him again "spring is coming soon, spring, the season i met you, spring season without you once... again.."

he walks thru the grass walking pass the gravestones. he lays his eye on the gravestone that bloomed cecilia flowers. 616 days without him.

he left some cecilia flowers he grew last month. he puts them beside his grave as he sits down in front. "isn't it a lovely day today? venti?" xiao said as he pats the grass, feeling something cold in his hand

"ahh, venti are you trying to haunt me while being a ghost?" xiao smiles as he giggles at his own words. staring at his grave. "i wear the hat you gave every time i went out.."

flashback

in liyue. 4:17 pm afternoon. venti along with xiao in zhongli's house.  both of them are on the balcony admiring the view of liyue "xiao, let's make a promise" venti says as he pulls out his pinky finger "what kind of promise?" xiao leans closer to him.

venti thought for a second and "let's promise we'll be each other's side!" venti said happily making xiao form a smile "fine, but in exchange" xiao points at his cheeks as venti scoffs "fine-" suddenly...

venti coughed dryly and started breathing heavily slowly sitting down on the floor of the balcony. "v-venti!" xiao kneels in front of him as he tried to find a way to help the male. "ill call now!" xiao runs to get his phone.

they've reached the hospital. venti being taken to the emergency room as they stay out of the room. "please let him be okay.." xiao said as he sits covering his face with his palms. a minute passed. the doctor has come out of the room sighing. "as of now, he is breathing fine. unfortunately, he hasn't been taking his medications these days." he says as he gives his medicine.

"venti, everything will be okay.." xiao places his hand on top of venti. venti was still sleeping, it has been 10 days straight. xiao removes his hand on top of his, xiao went to grab his guitar "let me play this for you.."

"Come rest your bones next to me
And toss all your thoughts to the sea
I'll pull up each of our anchors
So we can get lost, you and me
My heart is buried in Venice
Hidden beneath all my worries and doubts
My heart is buried in Venice
Waiting for someone to take it home
Even when you try to hide it
A smile creeps out from your teeth
I never thought that I would have to say I'm sorry
For anyone but me
Now my heart is buried in Venice
Waiting for someone to take it home
Say, say what you mean
Tell me the truth or tell me you're through
Don't leave me to breathe
Don't leave me to bleed
For someone who chose to leave me be
My heart is buried in Venice
Waitin' for someone to take it
Home"