chpt 15

still flashback

after xiao sang to venti he went to make paper hearts beside him. it wasn't like him at all. he placed those paper hearts beside him, making him surrounded by it.

in20 days. he visited him, he visited him every single day, he brings his lunch and dinner to eat beside him, so that he won't be alone. 20 days with him in the hospital. the day he hates.

"venti, i hope you soon wake up.." he caresses his hand feeling the coldness thru his palm. "vent-" the heartbeat monitor starts to alarm loudly, his gaze turning to the monitor seeing it drop.

he pressed the button. several nurses came inside venti's room. pushing xiao out of the room. "venti! please let me see him.." xiao said as one of the nurses blocks his way thru the door.

xiao sat beside the doorway waiting for the nurse to tell him. a minute passed he hears someone going out from the room. he stands up quickly facing the nurse.

"mr. xiao, i'm sorry-" he got cut off by xiao entering the room without him explaining. he sees venti pale as white sensing the cold atmosphere surrounding venti.

he makes his way towards him. he holds his hands. "venti..i'm sorry"

present

xiao smiles as he stares at his tombstone. "happy birthday my dearest venti." xiao said as he stands up heading his way out of the graveyard.

on his way out he bumps into someone making him glare at the person. "i apologize mister for bumping i wasn't lookin-" the stranger found xiao staring at him which he found shockingly.

"i- i'm sorry for staring at you.. you just looked like my past lover.." xiao says as he looks at the stranger with braids "oh! alright.." the stranger said as xiao clears his throat.

"if you wouldn't mind..what is your name?" xiao asks the stranger as the person chuckles "my name is..star! i am a bard at the tavern near here," star said as xiao nods in response.

"thank you..you sound just like him..." xiao mumbles the last part so the person wouldn't hear him. "anytime! i have to go now bye~!" star rushes walking away from the male.

xiao chuckles at they both have similar features to each other. he remembers the time venti told him that he would like to be named star if he dies. xiao didn't want to bother him more. maybe it is just a coincidence.

or not...

xiao went to windrise walking towards the tree, the place where they both used to hang out and lay down. he sat beside the tree as he releases a sigh.

him playing the ring in his ring finger. the ring he found in venti's bag with the note 'i'll marry him someday' he tries not to cry remembering the note. he still keeps it till this day.

he wished to spend his everyday moment with venti. play games and hugs. but fate decides not today lovers.

maybe he met him at the wrong time but the right person. maybe he and venti will be together in the next life.

xiao sighs as he stops playing with his ring admiring the view in front of him. the green grass and the birds flying.

xiao chuckles as he sighs knowing he has only 9 months to live.

—————

the name star is a reference from another book i forgot the author's @ 🥲

update i found the author its celestialstar3 !