Recovering

Hello lovely peoples,

This part is a emotional one. The next update will be the sister's entry in the Palace. Stay tuned. Hope you guys will like this one.
Happy reading❤️

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Trio is having dinner at night. Piya is munching away while ranting about how much she missed the two of them, what she did on the trip, how soon they will go on a family outing, etc.

Neela and Avni are simply staring at each other as they think how to approach her in conversation. She exudes happiness. Piya looked at their faces and raised an eyebrow when she didn't receive a response.

Piya questioned, "Do you both want to say something?"

"Yes. Avni wants to say", Neela said while watching Avni.
While she made a gesture toward Neela. "Maa, It's you actually who need to say"

"Are you guys afraid of me? Seriously?" Piya said, looking at them intently, "Come on now, go ahead", She knew If it's not something important, then no one among them would hesitate to say anything.

Neela held her hand while inhaling deeply. "Baccha, I've had a brain tumor for the past six months. Medicines are currently not working. The doctor advised a surgery."

Piya was more than surprised by this. It took her mind almost a few minutes to process what Neela had just said. She could not even imagine that her mother had been ill for six months and she was completely unaware of it. She is hurt too. Her eyes began to tear up.

Piya gave Neela a hug. "Maa, you were going through so much pain while I was living my life foolishly. How can I be such a bad daughter and not realize it?"

Avni caressed Piya's face and said, "Piya, we don't want you to worry that's why didn't tell you earlier."

Neela wiped away her tears and said, "Now stop crying."

"But hold on, the doctor recommended surgery. What are you guys waiting for?" Piya questioned, "Maa will be fine after the surgery, right?"

"There is only a 30–40% chance that the surgery will be successful", Avni said

Piya was again taken aback by this, and she grew silent.

"We must make a choice right away. We have limited time to wait. So, could you both please share your thoughts?" Avni questioned.

Neela said, "I think we should go ahead with the surgery."

"I agree with neela maa, their is 40% chance. We must think positively."
Piya is unable to answer further.

"Okay then, I'll speak with Dr. Gupta to get ready for the procedure," Avni said before grabbing her phone and leaving.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Neela had a dream and woke up suddenly at midnight. She takes a sip of water and noticed that her daughters were hugging their mother while peacefully dozing off on both sides of her. While thinking, she kissed each of their foreheads.

"Why did I suddenly remember events that occurred 25 years ago? Coming up is Avni & Piya's 25th birthday. I can't be sure if I'll be alive or not until then. Also power of their lockets will be over too. What will happen after that is unknown to me. All I care about is their safety. Now is the time to tell them the truth before I pass away."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
2 days later...

"Everything is set up for the surgery. Before that, we conducted all necessary tests. Neela should now be brought into the operating room," Ashish instructed.