A Murder

In midnight, both the sisters are sleeping. But avni is seeing a nightmare in her sleep, she is feeling restless seeing some old flashes & suddenly woke up with a jerk.
She is sweating badly & feeling breathless. Took a glass for drinking some water but the jug is empty.

"How is this possible? I remember keeping the jug full of water, then how it is empty?"
She saw piya sleeping peacefully & moved out towards kitchen.
While avni is filling the jug, she sensed that someone is there around her but when she looked everywhere, there is no one.
"Maybe I am too much sleepy"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Next day, piya and avni went outside to shop for groceries.

"When we will reach avni?", Piya asked frustrated.

"I can't do anything piya, market is 5 kilometers away from palace", avni's concentration is on driving the car.

After reaching the market. They did all the necessary shopping. When they were sitting inside the car to go back. Avni's eyes went to a temple. There are nearly 50 stairs to reach temple as it's on height. But avni's gaze is not shifting away from there. As if the temple is attracting her towards it.

"Avni, what are you thinking? Start the car"

"Piya, we will go to that temple before leaving"
Piya looked at the direction.

"Since when you became interested in such things avni?"

"Nothing like that piya, it's just I have a feeling that we should go there"

"Ok fine, let's go"

While climbing the stairs, avni is feeling the place familiar. Again some flashes are coming in her mind. They reached upside, there is a Durga idol in Temple. Both of them folded their hands & prays. Priest gave them prasad. Before leaving, piya saw some beggars sitting beside the temple.
They thought to help them, while giving money to an old lady, she holds avni's hand & looked at her shockingly.

"You are back.. So the miracle happened. Rajkumari avantika is back. Suna tum sab ne.. now he will die.. he will die now. Rajkumari's are back to life.. ..
She started blabbering & avni free her hand for the hold & they left thinking the lady is mentally not well.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Avni received a call from someone.
"Ok if you reached here, then why are you standing outside? Come in"

"Who's here avni?", Piya asked

"I told you about the worker na. A lady came for working, that too after requesting so much and offering 5 times more money"

"Oh finally, I can have some delicious food now. Thankyou avni", piya took relief.

A lady in her mid 40's entered in the palace trembling, chanting something continuously.
"Madam, I will just finish the works in 1 hour and leave", she said

"But malti there are so many rooms vacant, why don't you live here?", Avni asked

"Not at all, we talked about 1 hour only. I can't live here, I love my life and have 2 small children's. I agreed just because of money which you are giving me", Malti said still looking everywhere.

"Aap to aise bol rahi ho, as if we are some ghost living here", piya said

"Ok ok fine, I understand. Just for 1 hour, no problem. Start your work", avni said.
Malti nodded.

After an hour of cleaning few rooms and living area, cooking food for the sisters, malti left the palace as soon as possible.
As soon she went out, the palace doors closed automatically.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
At night, after having dinner avni went to kitchen and piya thought to roam in garden for sometime.
She sat on the swing which is in garden and looked towards the sky.