Chapter 2: The Magic Knight Exam

Zach's POV:
We started with the basics as Captain Vangeance handed out the broomsticks that we would need for the first part using his World Tree Magic. Sky and I had done this before, so it was quite easy. I looked up and saw the other guy who had no anti-birds was doing awesome too.

The other tasks were easy too and went fast until it was time for the last test. One on one combat, I looked around for a partner but all who were left was just Sky so I guess I would have to verse her. Soon it was our turn. Sky has Day magic while I have Night Magic so I don't know who has the upper hand here.

Sky's POV:
I didn't want to have to do this with my brother but he was the last on left so what can I do? As soon as it started it was already an intense fight. My brother attacked with Night Magic first so I blocked him with Cloud Magic (That's a part of my Magic). I strike and he did too. We both were still holding our stamina until I gave in and he became victorious. After our battle, it was time for the mysterious guys battle and he won almost instantly. Now it was the moment that will affect our lives forever.

Zach's POV:
One by one everyone got told their fate.
"Number 164?" Exclaimed the announcer. It was time for the mysterious boy to find out his new squad. What? All hands are up. Even Captain Charlottes?!

"It would be a privilege to be in the Golden Dawn!" said the mystery boy. I could see all the captains except Vangeance sigh about not getting him but Vangeance was of course happy. Next was actually a boy I've been keeping an eye on, it seemed like he had no mana at all. It took a while but he ended up being in the Black Bulls after Captain Yami and him had a long chat in front of everyone.

Sky's POV:
It was soon Zach's turn, I was so nervous for him like never before. I hope he gets into a good squad.

Zach's POV:
"Number 170!"
I walked up to see my fate and surprisingly every captain put their hand up. Everyone caught a look at my grimoire and they gasped. I had a four-leaf.
"I am going to go with... the Golden Dawn!" I said. I hope Sky gets into the Golden Dawn too, I mean we are royalty after all.

Now it was time for Sky's turn.