Chapter 5: Treading Waters

Author's Note: Thank you guys for getting this story to 300(+) views, so far. This chapter isn't really as long as the others, but I did try to make it as eventful.  Once again, this is from Harry's perspective. I'll give Louis his own point of view and or chapter again soon enough. I changed the cover as well. I hope you all enjoy :) x (* Sorry about the small difficulty I just had, but I had to re-upload it again because, according to Wattpad, this chapter didn't exist -_- , enjoy!)

Harry's Point Of View.

I couldn't sleep last night, but, luckily enough, it's still the weekend. Sleep isn't really thought about or required during this time. It was all Louis' fault and I say that with all the excitement in the world. Not only did he kiss me...he initiated it. He came up with a fib, which I fell for without a doubt, just to make it happen. We spent the rest of last night walking the pier, talking, and laughing. To my dismay, we didn't kiss anymore after the first time and I was kind of itching for it. I didn't want to seem needy, but that's how I felt. I suppose, it was probably a lot for him to take in at the time and didn't want to force another one upon my lips. When I got home, I tried to play it cool and keep calm - really nonchalant - but my mom sensed something was up and she questioned me until I spilled the beans. She was actually happy for me.

I stood in the bathroom mirror, analyzing my features. My morning bed head hadn't been tamed yet. Sleep deprivation was written all over my face, and my tongue is still red from this lollipop Louis got me to try last night. I stuck my tongue out and suddenly felt childish, for a moment - slinging it side to side, sticking it in and out, finding joy in the red pigment resting upon it. I'm a strange child, but, luckily, I'm in the comfort of my own bedroom. I turned the faucet knobs, waiting for the water to warm up a bit, then grabbed the essentials to brush my teeth. I scrubbed away at my tongue several times, looking in the mirror every once and while only to discover that it hadn't exactly faded away completely. What the hell was it made out of? I scrubbed for another ten minutes and used about three different toothpastes; it was reluctant to go away, but it did, eventually. "That'll teach you. Don't mess with Harry Styles." I said, proudly, in the mirror.

"Harry!" I heard my mom's calls coming from downstairs.

"Yeah, mum?" I shouted back.

"Come down here. It's important!" What could be so important at seven in the morning, besides school? I grabbed my iPhone off the charger, then headed out the room, and down the stairs. Upon reaching the bottom, she was standing near the front door, grabbing her purse and coat out of the small closet nearby. "Oh, there you are. I need you to drop me off at Mrs. Patricia's house. It's the annual debutant and she's hosting. I'm catering."

"So...that means that I get to keep the car for the day?"

"Yes and the sooner you get me there, the more free time you will have." I couldn't contain my smile; it's been a while since she has allowed me to drive. Not only that, but I would have the car to myself all day. I was definitely taking advantage of the opportunity. The down side is that Mrs. Patricia lives several miles away, so the drive, there and back, will be tiring. 

"Okay." I quickly ran up the stairs and back into my room. I grabbed my chucks from under the bed, then placed them on my feet quickly. I ran back into the bathroom and fixed my hair as neatly as I could, for the time being. After all was said and done, I went back downstairs and we made our way out the door. The only thing on my mind was Louis. I would be able to pick him up and hang, spend more time with him. We got in the car and headed off. - I figured the freeway would be quicker, if not too crowded. I expect the roads to be, due to everyone heading to church and all. Sundays are usually busy around town. It's like the clam after the storm. No matter how bad someone's Saturday was or if you hadn't seen a peer all week, you would be sure to catch them on a nice, sunny Sunday.