Chapter 10: Puzzle Complete

Author's Note: So, this is the last chapter. Tears. Thank you for helping it reach over 1,400, at this point - as well as for all the votes and comments. I'm not really great with writing sequels and I don't know why lol. I've tried with another story and I just couldn't remain consistant and there was constant writer's block (and it ended up being deleted). So, with that being said, there won't be a sequel. Larry picture on the right simply because they are beautiful. I hope you all enjoy :)

**

"Lou?"

"Hi, Haz." The older lad smiled down on Harry and Harry felt like he hadn't seen him in forever; or maybe it was the thought he drilled in the back of his mind, that he wouldn't be fortunate to see him again, was what made him feel overwhelmed and on the brink of tears. Nothing had changed about Louis - everything from the top of his medium-brown fringe, the thick, cotton straps of his suspenders, to the tip of his red Vans. More so, what overwhelmed Harry the most was the use of his nickname, escaping Louis' tongue fluently and melodically. Harry couldn't seem to wrap his mind around the sudden appearance and if Louis had came to let him go for good, or if he came to forgive - and why he would be crazy enough to do so. Everything consisting of negativity, regarding the situation, floated through this his mind. The obvious answer was there, but he was blinded.

Harry scooted over a bit, not once taking his focus off of Louis. Louis proceeded to sit down in the space provided, still smiling lovingly at Harry. Upon seeing the stunned and dumbfounded look on the younger boy's face, Louis chuckled, then rolled his eyes. He knew why he was there and why he had finally decided to have some sort of contact with Harry: he loved him - that complex, yet that simple. He wasn't ready to let him go. Sure, it took a little over a month and a lot of lectures from Jaymi to finally get his head on right; but he was there now and he wanted to be able to put it all behind them and move forward. "Wh-what are you doing here? How did you know I would be - you're here to rub it in my face aren't you? Here to tell me you were right and had every reason to be upset and should've slapped me? Well, you were right. I'm foolish - very foolish, but...but, I've changed a bit, if that means anything. And - "

Louis placed his finger against Harry's lips and shook his head, indicating that he was ranting on too much. "I'm going to give you two some alone time." Jennifer stood up, grabbed a few of her belongings, then exited the room in a quiet manner. The squeak from the door's hinges was the only sound that could be heard, before the room fell into a silent state. Louis placed a hand on Harry's, fiddling with his fingers. Harry's body was still quite tense because he figured that a slap would be coming at any moment. Louis let out a small sigh.

"I didn't come back for any of those reasons, Haz. I came to apologize, myself. I've never been in your shoes and I wasn't in your shoes when you were battling this demon. So, I had no idea how you felt. I guess I just wanted so badly to help. Then, I had a talk with Jaymi; he told me how Olly suffered the same thing, years back. He still goes through it sometimes and he spoke of how they were there for each other and remained strong...so, I figured I could've done the same for you. Yes, it did hurt when you pushed me away; but I guess the reason I can't stay away - despite what you may have wanted - is because I love you." The words hit Harry like a brick, causing his head to snap up and eyes to settle on Louis'. He was sure he heard him loud and clearly, but why couldn't he believe it. Maybe it was the fact that, that was the first time someone said it and it held a different connotation than what he was used to. Maybe it was the fact that Louis had the courage to say what Harry had always wanted to.

Harry took Louis' hand in his eyes, gentle caressing it. He blushed, cheeks becoming red, but he didn't care. "Remember that time you stopped by the bakery and you were storming out?" Louis nodded. Of course he remembered. That was the last time they had seen or heard from each other. "Well, when I grabbed your wrist and tried to stop you, I wanted to tell you the same. I love you too, Lou. I've always have and maybe I'm still weak for not being able to say it then and maybe I'm an ass for allowing you to leave, when it could've just taken those three words to change everything...and maybe I don't deserve you."