Chapter 3: Brave And Wild

Author's Note: Thank you guys for helping this story reach 100(+) views, so far :), as well as the comments and votes.  This chapter will be the first to have a Louis' point of view. Other than that, I hope you all enjoy :)

Harry's Point Of View.

I always seem to find myself in a spiral, even when that's not the route I pursued. It's becoming inevitable. The last thing I ever wanted to do was lash out on my own mother. After all, she is the reason I'm here today - safe and sound. Even if that is the case, I often ponder if she takes the time out to step back and see things from my perspective; being an adult doesn't automatically make her right. Yes, she has had more experience going through this thing called Life; however, she seems reluctant to even let me live my own journey. Being on her bad side isn't exactly the route to go either; I know her all too well and she'll either ignore me for quite some time, unless it has to do with something important, avoid me by leaving before I wake up, and going to sleep right after dinner. She'll probably even take away any privileges I have left. Then again, when you're being deprived of the only things, and people, that make you happy, what else really matters? I wonder if she'll even bother trying to wake me up for school this morning, though I'm already awake. At least it will give me some assurance that she's not as upset as she seemed last night.

On the upside - if I should even call it that, seeing as I'm still grounded - Zayn's party is today. At this point, I don't think Liam, or even Niall, will take any rejections to the offer. Niall wants to see Zayn, I know that much; Liam likes to play "peacemaker," so he won't let any feuds go unresolved. I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish to attend; however, decisions don't seem to be up to me, these days. I suppose I can try to stay clear of my mother and do well at school today. Go to the bakery and help out a little bit, then try to persuade her to let me go to the party; on the other hand, is it even remotely bad that I don't feel bad? Aforementioned, this isn't some sort of way to cause rebellion. It's just...I guess I'm opening a new chapter in my life. I really enjoyed being around Louis - he was so open and honest. He's very mature and his character is never in questioning. He's just so sure of himself. Maybe I can learn a few things from him. If in fact I am allowed to attend the pool party, I would like to invite him.

The alarm's loud chime echoed throughout the four walls of my room, causing me to groan in the process. I know this signal all too well and it just meant another long day of school - lectures, students parading through the halls, knocking others down with no remorse. Classwork and more homework, sometimes repetitive, as if we haven't learned enough. I often ponder if the teachers get just as annoyed as we do, or do they find some type of remedy beforehand to be able to deal with it all. A pill or some other drug, per-say. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. I rolled out of bed, literally, landing on my forearms. "Why me?" I mumbled. On the bright side, I would be able to see Niall and the other lads; If i'm lucky, I'll be seeing another certain blue-eyed guy. Hopefully, I don't sound obsessed. I just find him very intriguing - a great balance between being a safe, careful person and a risk taker wrapped into one. He has many layers and doesn't seem afraid to show them all. Which side of the world was I born on because I've barely experienced anything out of the norm, in my seventeen years of living? I could easily say it's my fault, allowing myself to keep hidden from Danger's lurking figure.

After my few minutes of inner-battling, I picked my weight up off the floor, then proceeded to drop the layer of clothing from my body; Last night, for the first time in a long time, I didn't sleep half-naked, or naked at all for that matter. Even though I have a lock on my door and some sort of privacy, after all this bickering going on between my mom and I, I wouldn't be shocked if she did in-fact start invading my privacy. I can never be too careful around her. Like most parents, she seems to suffer mood swings and any aspect that comes with being bipolar. I turned the faucet's knobs, touching the water to make sure the temperature was well-balanced. Not too hot, not too cold - as I always say. My morning routine is pretty much consistent: a hygienic routine, countless minutes in the mirror trying to make my curls looks presentable for no one in particular, a few minutes of rummaging through my closet and dresser-drawers to find an outfit of my liking, and breakfast, if I have time. Per usual, that takes about an hour, maybe an hour and half, if I'm reluctant to want to do all of these things. Even so, I still always find myself in the school's halls on time. Wish me luck.