POWER TRIP

PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

Meek's finger circled the rim of his half empty glass of Hennessy. He peered out of the open villa doors, watching the sun set against the ocean in the distance. He could still hear Omelly and Chino talking beside him though he drowned their voices out due to the nature of the conversation. He knew all too well what he was feeling, but he still tried forcing himself in the opposite direction.

"You in your head again? You like her and it's okay. She let you bring her out here to ha-,"

"She didn't let me do anything. I told her to pack her things because we had a flight to catch," Meek interrupted, lifting the glass to his lips.

He downed the rest of the brown liquor and let the glass hang from his fingertips while he ran his free hand over his beard. A long sigh escaped his lips as he sat up, finally looking towards his brothers.

"I don't like her. I don't want to like her, but fuck... she's making it hard on a nigga. I'm not used to this shit. I'm not used to having somebody like her," he confessed, finally sitting his glass on the table in front of him. "She's way too perfect. She got my mind everywhere."

"Ah, shit. You thinking about making it official?" Chino smirked, rubbing his hands together.

Meek licked his lips, shaking his head. "Nah. You know my situation with Carmen and Natalie."

"Same situation as Camilla and the rest of the women you had falling at your feet. Quick fucks," Chino shrugged.

"Those two are different. They know what I want."

Omelly sat up, placing the bottle of Hennessy on the table beside Meek's cup. "And Nicki? What makes her so different if Carmen and Natalie get it?"

"They don't get it all the way. Ask me why they're the only two left," Meek said, grabbing the bottle.

He poured himself a shot and picked his glass up once again. Sitting back, he glanced towards the long hallway that led into the east wing of the villa. He could hear the faint echos of giggling coming from beyond the hall. It made his skin crawl knowing that Nicki was fully capable of keeping her word from earlier. Their argument left him uneasy, but he felt the need to wait it out and see if she was as bold as she wanted him to think when the liquor was in her system a few hours before.

"Why?"

Meek broke his stare from the hall and threw the shot back, licking his lips afterwards. "They're best friends. They don't see each other as competition. They only let Nic slide because she likes them."

"So they sent Camilla walking? And Athena too?"

"Nah, never that. I just got tired of hearing everybody's bitching all day long. I take them somewhere and they starting shit, making me look bad... only reason they're here is because they know what I want just enough for me to keep them around. Nicki, though? She gets it all the way. I like to fuck them and use them on my own terms... Nicki is willing and ready to be used whenever I please."

He ran a hand over his tired face as his eyes got low. The alcohol was hitting his system slowly but surely, and his brothers could tell. Shaking his head, he wiped the corners of his mouth.

"I thought you were lying when you said she wanted to go to the condo to see Carmen and Natalie," Chino laughed, shaking his head. "Damn.."

"She doesn't care about any of it, or any of them. She damn sure don't need me like the rest of them. I'm still paying car notes and tuitions for women I'm not even fucking anymore. I could send her home right now and not have to worry about her calling my phone weeks from now asking for anything," Meek spilled.

Omelly raised his eyebrows. "Her parents rich?"

"Filthy rich. She probably inheriting more than I make," he laughed. "She not living off their money, either. She got her own."

"Must be the reason you always in your head about the smallest shit with her. You know she don't need you, so you not trying to lose her," Chino analyzed.

"I just know she's as good as it gets and I hate it."

SUMMARY

She's a temptress.
He's allergic to romance.
She has concupiscent fantasies.
He has the power to make her wildest desires come true.

When opposites really do attract, two souls prove to be both too much for one another, yet just enough for each other - on their own terms.

This is my newest book "Power Trip".
Please enjoy, vote, and comment! Also, be very aware that this is a mature book with mature themes and taboo topics. It is recommended 18+ in the description. I want to let it be known that this book was inspired by a lot of my recent reads!

On another note, I have unpublished all of my works to undergo editing, so for a while, Power Trip will be my only available book until further notice.

Chay