X

Chapter Ten: Contemplation

Nicki groaned softly, adjusting her eyes to the bright rays of sun that penetrated the master bedroom beyond the sheer curtains. She was more tired than usual, though she went to sleep at a decent time the previous night. Sitting up, she let out a small huff and reached up, scratching her scalp through her satin headscarf. She pulled the covers back and climbed out of bed, making her way into the bathroom. She was enjoying her time in Paris, sightseeing, shopping and spending time with Meek. As each day passed, she was learning a little more about him and vice versa. Beginning her morning routine, she began brushing her teeth and doing her consistent skin care routine. She then combed her hair down. She was satisfied with how well it kept, even through the sweaty exercise between her and Meek. Exiting the bathroom, she yawned a little and walked through the bedroom, into the long hall.

"I'm good, yeah... No, I haven't visited the Eiffel Tower yet," Meek chuckled with his phone pressed to his ear.

Nicki quietly entered the kitchen, being sure not to disturb Meek's phone call. She saw breakfast prepared and laid out on the island with a large pitcher of orange juice and another one with water. Grabbing a plate, she started grabbing the food she wanted, then poured herself a glass of orange juice.

"You have to have certain reservations weeks in advance to have the restaurant to yourself," he said. "How's Na?"

Nicki sat at the large glass table and began eating. Meek looked over at her, silently mouthing a "Good morning" to her. She gave him a soft smile and waved. He smirked and turned back to his conversation, shoving his hand into the pocket of his sweatpants.

"I have to go, but I'll call you again before I leave Paris... I love you too. Bye."

He pulled the phone away from his ear, hanging up. Putting his phone in his pocket, he walked over, joining Nicki at the table. "Sleep well?"

"Yes. I'm still tired," she told him, biting down on a piece of turkey bacon.

"You can go back to sleep if you want to," he said, sitting back.

She shook her head. "It's fine."

He simply nodded and continued to watch her as she ate. Her eyes drifted between her plate and Meek a few times before she smiled shyly, laughing.

"What?!" She asked.

"Nothing," he chuckled. "I like how you look when you first wake up. You look good... refreshed."

"You're a flirt."

He immediately smiled. "I'm not flirting with you."

"Whatever you say, Meek," she teased.

She finished her food and Meek stood up, grabbing her empty plate for her. He took it to the sink and washed it before placing it in the rack to dry. Nicki walked over, mindlessly handing her glass to him. He laughed lowly and shook his head as he grabbed it, washing it out as well. Nicki leaned against the sink, looking down at her feet while Meek finished up.

"You good?" He asked her.

"I'm okay," she nodded, looking up at him.

"I have plans tonight. For us."

Nicki lifted her head a little more. Meek began drying his hands as he stepped around her to get to the trash can.

"What kind of plans?" She asked.

"Dinner, then we'll go to Chasers."

Nicki immediately smiled. "Your club?"

"I'm surprised you're more excited about the club than dinner. I was under the impression that all women loved free food," he chuckled.