Post-Blip Four

Five months after Endgame/One month before The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Bucky was making his way home after picking up some jewelry for Adalyn. He'd found the perfect one in her size. The trickiest part would be to find the right moment to give it to her.

He entered the apartment he shared with Adalyn and was met with a gun to his heart. "Just me, Ada. Put the gun down."

"You're back late."

"Our therapist rescheduled."

"Yeah, I know. I got the message. But you said you'd be right back."

"After getting something."

"What'd you get?"

Bucky smiled, holding up a bag of small purple fruit. "Plums."

Adalyn stared at him suspiciously. "Uh-huh. Where else were you? Getting plums doesn't take that long."

"It does if there's a long line and traffic."

"We can walk to the market. Where were you, Bucky?"

"I told you. I was getting plums."

"I'm not going to get anymore from you, am I?"

"Nope."

"God, you're stubborn."

"Yup." He smirked and made his way to the kitchen.

Bucky glanced behind to make sure Adalyn wasn't looking. He put the ring in a spot he knew she couldn't reach. Though she did climb on counters, he'd found places to hide things that were a little more difficult for her. His height on her was certainly an advantage.

Adalyn walked into the kitchen and poured herself a drink whilst eyeing Bucky suspiciously. "I still think you're hiding something."

Bucky smiled lightly. "Why would you think that, doll?"

"Because I've been around you enough to know when you're hiding something."

"Ada, don't worry about it, okay? Whether I'm hiding something or not, you'll find out eventually."

She nodded slowly. "Okay. Clearly you had a plumtastic day."

"Seriously? You're gonna give me an awful pun?"

"I thought it was a great pun." She gave him a cheeky smile and sipped her drink.

Bucky sighed and shook his head slowly with a smile. "God, I love you."

"I love you too, Buck."