Admiration (Obi-Wan Kenobi)

You squealed as no more than five seconds after you had opened your apartment door you were picked up and swung around as if you weighed nothing.

"Obi-Wan" you giggled when he let you down and tried to wrap your arms around him and give him a kiss. He wouldn't let you though, his hands placed on either of your shoulders, holding you still.

"Let me look at you first." He said and you rolled your eyes.

"What's the matter? Do you think I changed that much in three weeks, hm?"

He smiled at you fondly. "Feels like it has been much longer." He took you in for another few seconds before finally letting you hug him. "My beautiful, my wonderful." He murmured.

Just as you leaned in for a kiss he managed to interrupt again. "I've really missed you, my love."

You pecked his lips. "As have I."

The two of you made your way to the living room where you made yourself comfortable on the sofa, your head in his lap, listening to him talking about the mission he just came back from.

"So, what exactly have they done to you that you had to stare at me like you hadn't seen me before?"

He pushed a strand of hair from your face. "Not staring. Admiring." He always knew how he could make your heart melt.

You took a moment to formulate your answer. As much as you appreciated the hard work he did, at the same time you wished he wouldn't be off-planet so much. Your non-Jedi occupation didn't exactly include many intergalactic business trips, or at least usually not to places where Jedi operated.

"Where will your next mission take you?" It wasn't entirely impossible to leave Coruscant for work, or maybe you could take a few days off.

He sighed, knowing you wouldn't like the answer. "Mandalore. But not until next month." He put an emphasis on the latter sentence, hoping the two of you could just be happy about the fact that you had several weeks in row when both of you would be on Coruscant. But of course he had hoped in vain.

It would have been a lie to say you didn't want to react as snarky as you did. "That's convenient." You remarked. "Given that you know exactly who to admire there."

"My love, I – you know..."

"Just lie to me about your destination next time." You suggested while sitting up straight, so you could face him better.

He cupped your face gently with his hands. "You don't deserve that."

Avoiding his gaze, your answer was more addressed to his shoulder than him directly. "But it would spare us the old back-and-forth with me being jealous as soon as you even mention that planet."

Obi-Wan hummed in agreement. "Still, I prefer being honest with you. And you can trust that I am just as serious when I tell you that you are the only person in the galaxy I want to admire."

You leaned in for a kiss and this time he didn't interrupt you. "I love you, Obi-Wan."

"I love you, too. More than anything." He held you close. "They can send me anywhere they want. My favourite place will always be where you are."

"Let me follow you then, just for a few days. How different can it be from you having to sneak here?"

He kissed you before nodding. "We have to be careful, but I would love to be there with you."

"Well then..."

"Well then..."

You laughed and then snuggled into his side. "My favourite place is wherever you are, too."