A= Always Enough

Ship: Kiribaku

Word count: 4656 words

Summary: Kirishima sees someone he idolizes talk about him for the very first time while watching the News in the common area of Class 1a's dormitory. But Kirishima is disappointed soon after when the man answers the question with a, rather cruel, answer. With that one response, Kirishima is convinced he still wasn't good enough.

It's amazing how quickly an insecurity can grow―especially when you really, really want it to not be the truth.

Can Bakugou, his boyfriend, possibly convince him that's he's enough, and always has been?

____________________

This bright autumn day had Kirishima's sprits soaring beyond the colourful boughs above. The brilliant shafts of sunlight caress the carpet of reds and golds before him, laid out like a carpet for a royal. Each breath of the fresh air fills him with a sense of life that almost makes him want to shout out loud, just to hear his voice echo amidst the trees - like a brave warrior of old.

He didn't know why he felt so especially happy today. It could be because he had an evening of cuddling planned with Bakugou, or it could be the overall spirit that came with the colorful leaves of autumn.

He felt as if he lived in the dorms so long that the rough-barked beauties that surround the familiar home are like loyal friends. He would hug them if there weren't so many of the neighbouring students about, sweeping leaves and enjoying the beautiful weather. It wasn't just him feeling great today, they all looked so happy, full of smiles.

That's when Kirishima remembered his dogs back at home. He didn't know what sparked their rememberance, but he could clearly invision their faces as they panted in his front yard, enjoying the heat.

They were always so alive in the sunshine that, for a second, Kirishima wished he were home just to run his hands through their fur while their tails wag in excitement. But he has a great deal to get done today, and if he works hard, he'll get it all done and still have enough time left over for a movie and pizza with Bakugou.

He was brought from his admirational thoughts by the door opening and one of his closest friends, Mina, walking out. "Hey, Kiri!" She said, voice high pitched and excited. "Come look at whose on the TV."

Kirishima smiled back in response. He had been staring at the leaves for way too long anyways. "Alright." He said and stood, dusting himself off and heading inside behind her. The sight would be there waiting for him when he was done. I mean, after all, the dorms were surrounded by trees.

"Who is it?" He asked curiously as he followed the pink-skinned girl to the couches where she flopped beside another one of Kirishima's friends, Sero.

"Look!" She exclaimed instead, pointing to the screen where Crimson Riot was being interviewed live. He seemed to have been stopped while doing personal errands, because shopping bags were visible in his hands.

Kirishima's eyes widened in awe as he immediately jumped over the back of the sofa to sit down. "Turn it up!" He demanded, grin stretching across his face. No matter what he enjoyed watching outside, Crimson Riot would always top it.

Sero laughed at his friend's predicted reaction and grabbed the remote, obediently turning the volume up.

The reporter was well known amongst the students, she was one of the more...persistent reporters who hung around UA to try and get word from them.