D = Donations

Ship: Bakudeku

Word Count: 4361

Summary: Every battle was always to ensure all have what they need to live in peace and thrive, he lost that. Now it is time to let those failures be his education, to dig in and win the war.

*****

*3 years ago*

"Whatever happens I am your co-warrior; I was born to fight this battle with you."

Those were the last words Izuku's husband, Bakugou, had told him before being lost in the chaos. Now the battle was over, rubble all around and smoke floating into the air like dust after shaking a dirty blanket.

Izuku ignored his bleeding wounds and continued to search for Katsuki with a heavy heart. Win or lose - they go home. They've earned that, all of them.

So where was he?

Izuku ran though the ever darkness because that was the last place he saw him. He searched by burning his own spark to create light. Izuku swore that once he had him, he'd be taking him home, back to the light, back to where he belongs.

"Come on Kacchan," he whispered desperately as he shoved through rocks and people.

I need you~ Izuku wanted to say, but he couldn't. Now wasn't the time to get emotional.

The big chunks of collapsed buildings were their coffins and every day they were buried alive until the day comes where they will pass on. There was no family life. There was no such thing has happy. There was no sun, nor birdsong, nor feeling of comfort.

Yet they practice escaping the rubble. Yet Izuku'd rather be in hell than a master of it, because knowing how to escape a massacre and not how to get your mom to stop worrying wasn't a way of living.

His searching paid off, he found him, but it took its toll on him. "KACCHAN!"

The sight of his lifeless husband under a rock was a terrifying sight and made Izuku feel sick to his stomach. The blood of the one he loved poured out and around him like he was watering the grass hidden beneath the destructions.

"I got you!" Izuku yelled out, heart going wild in his chest with fear. It was obvious that Bakugou was being crushed and if he didn't hurry up, he didn't know what would happen to him. "I got you!" He repeated, hoping that the hero could hear him. "I'll save you. I'll save you no matter what!"

Izuku's entire body ached and he wanted to just collapse and rest, but he pushed. He pushed himself to strain One For All to lift that rock.

Remains of Todoroki's ice made it hard for Izuku to walk around the rock and scorch marks had tore Bakugou's hero suit right into two, leaving the other half torn and ripped up.

The sight of all the blood made Izuku even more anxious and puke began to rise up his throat at the same time as tears rushed to his eyes. Groans and screams of agony escaped past his lips and his muscles forced themselves to work. One more time. One more time. That's all he needed. One more time to use his quirk.

He pleaded for his body to work. To work at least enough to get this rock off of him. He screamed and yelled until he could finally see the rock beginning to lift.