F= First Glance At The World

Ship: Kirideku

Word count: 4061

Summary: Every child is a sacred gift, yours and mine. Parents show their affection by loving them with every power they possess, letting them explore, be adventurous, take risks... yet standing by to catch them if they fall. Let a mother's love, and a father's too, be the platform from which their children fly into clear blue skies, ever thankful to be such.

(That sounded a lot better in my head)

***

Both, Izuku and Eijirou's life has been defined by adulthood and by heroism. Together they've found the right paths for themselves and together, they've journeyed down them. Life was perfect how it stood, the couple married and enjoying their days together. Crime was low, which meant their time together was extended. Izuku had everything he's always wanted. True love. A nice, loving partner. The number one spot as a pro hero. Approval.

So why did he feel like some big piece was missing when in his dreams he heard the sound of his children's feet, of their laughter and impromptu song lyrics. He would be so asleep yet so awake in his soul, living out these picture perfect moments of fatherhood. There were days where his dreams didn't stay in the bed and he'd recall them the next morning and lavish them upon himself over breakfast, planting a smile on the canvas of his face.

Kirishima wasn't oblivious, he knew his husband like the back of his hand. He purposely took a venture down the baby clothes aisle everytime they went shopping, just to see how Izuku's eyes lit up each time. It never got old. He loved to see that although they were getting older and more mature, Izuku still got a childish glee whenever something made him over-the-top happy or excited. It was the same look he got on their wedding day and Eijirou noticed every detail.

And he would admire Izuku, who was so handsome as he slept, that steady heart, those steady breaths, more than enough to make Eijirou fall in love with him all over again. To be honest, Eijirou wanted a child just as much as he did. Watching a new person grow before you and raising them to become an independent person is the greatest privilege and the greatest challenge. They both craved to have it weave with their other accomplishments to form whom they've become. Being a parent should be that way, not an additional thing or an "add on" but a central theme that other passions revolve around.

That's why Kirishima proposed the best idea he's had since their marriage. It's very obvious that the two cannot have a child on their own since they are both males, and although there are quirks that would allow them to carry, the risks were way too high and Eijirou didn't want either of them having to find a way to deal with the side effects and dangerous possible complications. So the safest, and most satisfying, way to go about this, was to get a surrogate.

They picked carefully, agreeing after a lengthy argument for Kirishima to be the biological parent. Izuku still wanted a piece of himself so they requested someone who looked similar. And after fortunately finding a woman with green curls, green eyes and freckles, they prepared for the next 9 months.

And what an interesting 9 months those were. Izuku and Eijirou called everyday to check up on the baby and had often lunches and dinners to get to know the mother. She had no family history of mental problems, and she seemed to be a regular woman of good health. She said that she felt no personal connection with the baby's she gave away so she wouldn't cause any problems after the baby was born.

One night, 14 weeks before their daughter was to be born, they received a devastating and heartbreaking phone call.

It was a regular night so far, the two had stayed at the agency until 5 in the morning, the sun already rising, and was heading home to shower. Tired, beat down, and ready to sleep, they crawled into bed. The lights were off and their soft breathing filled the air, both slowly slipping away. But before their breathing could fully still and before they could fully fall asleep, the ringing of Izuku's phone rang through the silence.