G- Getting Justice

Ship: None

Word count: 4418

Summary: Deku gets hurt so he can no longer fight so, with a suggestion from a friend he becomes a hero line operator.

A/N: I'm tired of the long summaries where I tried hard to make it interesting and cool. Now they're gonna be simple like the one above.

Also, it takes a minute to get to the point but i haven't written in a long time so I just got carried away. my bad... anyways, i hope you enjoy <33

Deku wasn't dumb, and he definitely wasn't ungrateful. He knew how lucky he was to be alive, but that didn't mean he wasn't ready to charge back into heroism.

It seemed, though, that no matter how badly he wanted to get back on the field; his body was stubborn.

"Its just frustrating," he vented, head in his hands. Uraraka hummed from beside him, hand rubbing his shoulder comfortingly. "Every time I try to use my quirk, it doesn't work. And that's just my powers, my physical abilities are even worse. I still can't run without falling, i'm pathetic."

"You're not pathetic, Midoriya." Iida assured. They were all seated in Deku's living room, the TV playing something faintly in the background and light rain thumping against his windows. It was dim outside, so the light casting in through his window was grey and would flicker everytime there was lightning.

"You heard the doctor, you're recovering nicely." Iida continued. "You have to be patient, you can't rush this kind of thing."

Uraraka nodded and retracted her hand, letting it rest on her lap. "He's right, Deku. You're trying to hurry along something that moves at it's own pace."

"I've been out of the hospital for a week already," Deku sighed. "Thats usually enough time for me to at least move around. Now i'm always in pain, I can't even handle household chores on my own anymore. My mom's been dropping me off meals and grocery shopping for me."

"Maybe that's what you need," Uraraka shrugged. "Some rest."

"Yes Midoriya," Iida nodded. "I understand, as a hero, how frustrating it must be to be unable to do your job. But right now the only person you should be worried about helping, is yourself."

"That's my problem," Deku groaned. "I can't stop thinking about the people who need me."

"Deku, do you know why Todoroki couldn't make it?" Uraraka sighed, brown eyes softening as they met Deku's.

"Because he has patrol..."

"Right," Uraraka gave him a small smile. "That same reason is why we're here in our hero gear and why it had to be now, and why we have to leave in 10 minutes." her smile grew bigger. "We're protecting the city for you, Deku."

"Trust your friends," Iida added. "The city isn't abandoned just because you're hurt. We're all working to protect it, not just you. Don't let the weight of being a hero interrupt your healing process."

Deku felt his eyes tear up.

"Im sorry, guys..." he said, guilt biting at him. "I didn't mean to sound like I'm better than you guys or anything."

"You are better than us, Deku." Uraraka joked, cheeks flushing. "Mr number 3 hero."

Izuku felt himself blush before his face drained of color. "Hopefully my injury doesn't effect my ranking."

Uraraka frowned and groaned in defeat. "You're not going to feel better about this, are you?" she already knew the answer so she rolled her eyes when Deku gave her a nervous grin.