thirty-nine

"can you explain to me what the fuck's happening? i think i'm back to square one. what's a neo? is that another gang?"

hyuck shakes his head, not wanting to answer any of seri's question as they were walking towards their lab class. they let sunghoon go back to his classes. ang maybe hyuck threatened the boy a little to keep his mouth shut.

seri had no choice but to keep her questions to herself as they entered the lab. their teacher was didn't even questioned them why they were late and just let out a disappointed sigh while looking at seri bowing before she goes to dongsook.

"what happened?" the tan girl asks as he notices the new uniform sh
e was wearing.

seri leans in to whisper to her ear, "eunbi happened. she thinks i'm hitting on jaem."

sook's lips formed a circle for a few seconds before she started explaining to seri what she should do now to catch up.

and while doing the lab work, her mind was still questioning what the fuck are neos.

seri quirks a brow up seeing na jaemin walking behind her as dongsook left her for mark. the usual was hyuck accompanying her to go home since the whole deathless stuff happened. but today,  after their classes, donghyuck suddenly just disappeared.

seri halts her steps and looks back at jaemin. the male had no choice but to walk closer to her. "yes, i'm here because hyuck had... stuffs."

"stuffs?" she squints her eyes.

"yeah, stuffs."

seri just sighed as she realize that she won't get any information from jaemin. then, she proceeds to walk towards the bus stop to go home.

upon entering their household, seri caught the sight of jaehyun ending a phone call. he was rushing down the stairs while wearing his jacket.

"jae? where are you going?" she asks as her brother walks past her.

jaehyun stops for a moment. "uhm.. work. lock the doors, 'kay?"

seri nodded as her eyes followed him. seeing that jaehyun was out of the gate, seri immediately gets out of their house, planning to follow the older.

but her plan was destroyed when she felt a hand on her wrist.

"where are you going?"

seri looks back and saw hyuck glaring at her. "you're planning to follow your brother? that's danger, jung."

the girl rolled ger eyes. "i'm already in danger, that won't make it worse. you don't tell me things so i'll find answers my way."

hyuck gestures her to go inside the house. seri shakes her head. "only if you answer my questions."

he sighs, "i'll answer them inside."

"you're not planning to tell me anything!"

"if i answer one of your questions now, will you get inside?"

seri smirked, "okay deal. are you a neo? what's a neo?"

"i'm not a neo," hyuck answers and places his hands on her shoulders, "now get inside."

"what's a neo?!"

"i already answered one question. i'll tell you if you go inside."

seri got his hands off her. she turns her heels around and met her eyes with his. she looks at him with seriousness. "you better."

hyuck just let out a short laugh. "make me."