Chapter 23 - Peace

Taehyung's breath felt constructed, the same scene playing in his head countless times that his brain seemed to malfunction. His head hurt, the throat felt clogged that he had to cough just incase there was actually something stuck in it.

"Be strong, be strong, be strong" he mumbled quite a few more times, he didn't want to get a panick attack not again,not after all these years, his head had started now pounding, the loud of voice echoing in his ears seemed to beat in his ears.

Music would always distract him, he always put the damn music on the highest volume so that he could distract himself from the voices in his head.

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!", he screamed as if he wasn't the one to put the music, he wanted peace, music was his scolded peace. The kind of peace that doesn't arrive until he scolded in loud voices resonating in his ears.

"He isn't alive! He isn't alive! He isn't alive!", another sound of loud yells got mixed with the music going on around.

He fisted his shirt above his chest trying to breath, his mind running the mini nightmare in the broad daylight of sun, but his room was all in darkness.

A loud howl was heard and echoed in his room, he tried to control himself trying not to be weak and affected by it anymore.

"Taetae my baby bear come for dinner sweetheart"

"Taehyung my boy throw the ball higher, make your appa proud!"

"Eomma likes to fill her Taetae's tummy"

"Appa is proud of you my boy"

Taehyung sobbed seeing his mother's and father's blurred smiling faces, the way his mother smiled at him when he stepped out of his room to eat dinner. The way his father had puffed his chest out when Taehyung had succeeded to pass the basketball through the ring.

"Sta-stay strong...  I'm so-sorry to leave you alone my boy"

"I lo-love you Taetae, please stay safe for your eo-eomma"

Taehyung along with his wolf howled in utter sadness, when his mind had played the scene of his father and mother laying in pools of their own blood.

He could feel those arms around him dragging him out of his home, the heat he had felt from his house when it was set on fire his parents being burnt to death, his heaven on earth his home was burning in front of his eyes.

The fire was reflecting in his eyes, his sobs were being muffled with the large palm on his mouth, he tried to get away from the strong hold he tried to go to his parents.

All his attempts turned into ashes in the heating flames of his home.

He doesn't have a single picture of his parents, now their faces were turning into blurred memories, their touches on his skin didn't linger anymore, he couldn't even remember the soft touch of his mother on his forehead and his father's rough hands patting his back.

They say time heals all the wounds, but Taehyung's wounds only seemed to dig deeper and deeper by passing time.

"How long?" Taehyung laid on his back staring at his ceiling his chest heaving up and down, "How long I'm gonna keep on this facade?"

His mind felt at peace finally, the scolded peace remember? The peace that made Taehyung look around the room, the same room where he was almost raped, the room that monster lived.

Taehyung weirdly wanted to torture himself those memories, he looked at the balcony the same one where the late King was being pushed off to death.

"How long to pretend, I'm okay? How long to pretend I'm over it? How long I'm supposed to breath when all I want to do is stop my breath?" Taehyung muttered walking towards the balcony, without opening the sliding glass his bloodshot eyes scanning over the ground covered in greenery of grass.