𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐢 𝐀. 𝐇𝐨𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝
𝖯𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗅𝖺𝗇𝖽, 𝖮𝗋𝖾𝗀𝗈𝗇 - 12:00 𝖠𝖬

"What happened to you, babygirl?", Sephari heard a familiar voice ask.

She looked up, seeing her father, Darius.

He was dressed in white, he was glowing, and he had some white Jesus sandals on. He looked at his daughter, feeling angelic tears coming to his eyes.

Nigga, ain't you dead? Does that mean she's dead?

"Daddy?", Sephari asked.

Don't start thinking nasty, I know how some people get.

Sephari ran to her father, but instead of getting closer, he seemed to be going backwards. The more she ran, the farther he got.

She kept running until her legs gave out. She fell on her knees, feeling tears coming to her eyes.

She felt arms wrapping around her which made her cry even harder.

"Stop crying. It's ok.", he whispered.

"I always wanted to die, but I didn't think it would actually work this time.", she pointed out.

"You're not dead.", Darius said.

"I- so this was emotional for no reason?", she asked, mugging her dad.

"Why would you overdose?", he asked.

"This is a dream?", she asked.

"Don't dodge my question with another question.", he responded.

"Life is just...I don't know.", she mumbled.

"That's not an answer.", he pointed out.

Sephari sat there, trying to find all the words to say. She never really talked about the reason why she turned out the way she did.

"I feel unwanted.", she whispered.

"Why?", Darius asked.

"My mother didn't want me. She just cared about her drugs.", she started to say.

She smiled as her eyes started stinging.

"My own brother fucking abandoned me. He didn't want to deal with me because he "couldn't take care of me". Yet, he got a child on the way.", she continued, letting her tears fall.

"Damn. I could've been a grandpa.", Darius mumbled.

"Rehab is hell. Everybody just tries to get you to open up and talk about your trauma and shit. As if it's the easiest thing in the world.", she explained.

"It's not easy, but you still have to try.", Darius said.

"And you. You didn't even want me.", she added.