🌑The Meeting Pt 1🌑

I land on Jade Mountain Academy with my mom, and scanned the platform. "Wow", I breathed. There were so many dragons. Over 30 dragons from different tribes. She could see Seawings, Skywings, Sandwings, Mudwings, and even Icewing. Moonwatcher felt so nervous. So many different tribes. So many different thoughts. She clutched her head, trying to block the thoughts (A/N - Do dragons have heads? Idk). She looked at her mom desperately. "Mom, can we get out of here? Or better yet, can we go home to the rainforest? I don't wanna be here", I told her. She looked at me sympathetically. Poor thing, she must be having so many thoughts of other dragon right now. I really don't wanna leave her, but she has to learn, and be more confident, I hear my mom think. My heart soars. She does want me with her. She doesn't wanna abandon me! She leads me to the entrance. I get a glimpse of other dragon's thoughts.

I'm so excited to be here! , she heard a Rainwing think.

Ugh, this place is so lame., she heard a Nightwing think to her left

Hm, interesting! This place is so big! I heard that the DOD are the teachers here! That's so exciting!, she heard a Rainwing name Kinkajou think

This is so weird. So many different dragons from different tribes. She heard another dragon think.

I sigh and keep following my mom to the entrance of the school. As we make it to the entrance, I get a better look at the school. I heard that we had to stay in caves with dragons from other tribes. That made me uncomfortable. I had to talk with other dragons from other tribes. I sighed.

I hear my mom think, I hope everyone likes her, what if they think she's weird.

"Your right mom, everyone might think I'm weird, or I might not fit in. Maybe we should just go home to the rainforest, and wait another year", I pleaded with her. She looks at me firmly. "Did you just read my mind? Don't do that at JMA. Remember, stay secret, stay hidden, stay safe.", she tells me. I sigh, and nod. "Ok mother", I reply. We walk to the entrance. I see a bubbly looking dragonet at the entrance, greeting all the dragons.

Oooh! So many dragonets! Oh, look, another Nightwing. I like the tear drop shaped scales next to her eyes, they look pretty. I hope she's nice! Oh well, I guess I'll find out!, I hear her think. She had so many thoughts at once.

 My mom approaches her. "Hello. My dragonet, Moonwatcher, is enrolled here. Can we go into the academy?", she says to the dragon. "Hello Miss! Your dragonet is Moonwatcher? You must be Secretkeeper. Moonwatcher is enrolled here, yes. I am Fatespeaker by the way. Nice to meet you! I'm not a dragonet of destiny. I did help them though. I am really good friends with them! Especially one named Starflight, our librarian. Super nice dragon! Anyways, where's Moonwatcher? Here is your map of the school, a scroll with information about all the tribes, a welcome scroll, and a scroll with all of the winglets. Moonwatcher will be in the Jade winglet. I hope you enjoy it here! Jade Mountain Academy truly is a wonderful school!", she says grinning. "Thank you", my mom replies.  

(A/N - The brochures look like the images below. I have my own mudwing OC named Heron (like the bird) instead of Umber.)

)

I see my mom come to me, and gesture me to a corner. She quickly fills me in. I look at whose in my group. "Mom, do I have to do this? Why can't I stay with you in rainforest?", I ask her. "Because, you have to learn to be comfortable around other tribes", she says. I sigh. I look at the scroll with the information about other tribes. I sigh unhappily when I read the part about Nightwings not having powers anymore. If only I were so lucky. Suddenly, I pick up on a thought from a Icewing to my right.

Wow, I never knew a Nightwing could look so..so...astonishing. The Icewing said. 

I turn my head to look at him, and meet his eyes. I stare for a second, feeling butterflies in my stomach. Then, I give him a sharp look. Any Nightwing could look astonishing. I just didn't like the way he had said it, as if the fact was almost unbelievable. Suddenly, I pick up on another one of his thoughts,

Don't think like that, Nightwings are dirty liars, remember. I heard him chide himself.

A little resentment boils in me, but goes away just as quickly. I look at him, and glare fiercely. I may dislike the people in my tribe, but no one has the right to talk about them like that. The war was over, so what was with him.