1

New city, new school, new life. My parents had tried to convince me that it was a good idea to move, but no matter what it wouldn’t be the same. I wouldn’t see my bestfriend Daniel, since well he doesn’t live in mystic falls, he lives in fucking New York City. My old city, my real home. I am so used to living in a big city where there is actual fun, but now I am going to be stuck in a small boring city. Where I have nothing to do, and where there won’t be any fun. Well at least for me this is only going to be like this for 2 more years, then I’m going back to New York for college and I am going to study with Daniel again. I can’t wait.

“Addison sweetie, we are here now.” My mom said, we had been driving for hours on end so I had ended up sleeping while listening to music. I opened my eyes and saw a white big but basic american house, it had a nice yard. 

“Isn’t it pretty?” My mom asked me and dad. 

“It’s almost as pretty as you.” My dad said, it was so cheesy, but my mom likes that. She always has, my dad could say the most cheese and cringe compliment to her and she would fall head over heels over it. 

Tomorrow would be my first day at mystic falls high school. So exciting right? Wrong, the 2 next years would be my worst years. It was just something I would have to get over with. I sat in my room drawing, I like drawing. I think it's a way for me to express my feelings in a healthy way. I drew a girl, she was smiling, but her shadow was crying. It was basically me, my parents didn’t know how much I hate that we moved, because I kept pretending to be happy so that they wouldn’t feel bad about it. We had to move, I know. Because my dad had gotten a good paying job as a surgeon, and in New York there was always stress on who was the next to get replaced, so this was a good and stable job with much less stress. So I knew it was for the best.

First day of school, I woke up at 7. My mom had made pancakes, she always made me a big breakfast. I loved that, I loved food. I walked to school, the walk was nice. It wasn’t too long, so that was good.

“Hey you don’t look familiar, are you new?” A blonde girl asked.

“Yes, I’m Addison.” I said and smiled.

“Rebekah.” She said and smiled back.

“So what brought you to mystic falls?” Rebekah asked.

“My dad got a job here.” I said and we began walking inside.

“Do you know where the office is?” I asked her, she nodded and directed me in the correct way. 

“Thank you.” I said and began walking to the office, I had to give them my papers and get to know which class I was going to be in.

“Hello?” I said as I walked in, I was a little nervous, but who wasn’t nervous on their first day?

“Oh you must be Addison Clare right?” A man asked, I nodded.

“I’m Alaric Saltzman, your new teacher.” He said and took his hand out, I shook it. He seemed nice.

“Nice to meet you.” I smiled.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you too.” He said and smiled. 

“Well you can give me the papers, because I think we need to head to class now.” He said and I gave him my papers, he left them on a table in the office. Then we began walking down to class.

“Good morning class and welcome back to school from a long summer break, did you miss me?” He asked, but already knew the answer, every teenager hates school but loves vacation and would at any time rather be on vacation than in a boring class room. 

“Well today we have a new student joining us, Addison, do you want to introduce yourself?” He asked, I stood in front of the whole class. I looked around and saw Rebekah, she smiled at me. It made me a little bit more comfortable.

“Sure, uhm I’m Addison. I just moved here, I used to live in New York. Beside from that I don’t know what I should say.” I said and was nervous, I looked at Alaric. 

“Well then Addison, you can sit on the empty seat beside Caroline and Elena.” Alaric said, a blonde girl and a brunette girl smiled to me and I sat on the seat beside them.