2

“So Addison, do you want to go out shopping later?” Rebekah asked, I was standing at my locker. 

“Uhm sure.” I said and smiled.

“Good.” She said and smiled back.

After school:

“Let's go Addison.” Rebekah said and smiled, I stood up and walked out, but I looked back just before walking out and saw Caroline looking at us. She didn’t look happy, she looked worried. Why? I thought to myself.

“So I have a gathering to attend this weekend, its pretty lame but I thought you could help me pick out a dress?” Rebekah said as we walked to her car.

“I don’t have any fashion sense, I actually thought you invited me out shopping because you wanted to help me.” I said and we laughed a little, she walked over to a pink car, it didn’t have a single scratch on it, it looked expensive and new. It looked really nice.

“Come on in, we don’t have the whole day.” Rebekah said, and I realized she was already seated in it, I opened the door and sat beside her. Then we drove out of Mystic falls, and to a big center with a lot of stores. Rebekah tried on a hundred dresses, she didn’t like a single one of them even though all of them looked amazing on her. 

“Why don’t you pick one out for me and I’ll try it on?” Rebekah said, and since I was so bored I began looking around. I wasn’t bored because of Rebekah, because she was amazing, her personality, her looks, but shopping for dresses on hours with no end wasn’t my way of killing boredom. I looked around and saw a pretty dark red, it looked royal. I took it down to take a better look at it, but then I saw the price tag. It was 2000 dollars! It was pretty, yes. But it was so expensive, how could Rebekah afford that? I thought.

“Oh my god! It's so pretty, I’ll try it on. Thank you Addison.” She said and smiled, I smiled back. She came out of the dressing room looking stunning, she looked like she liked it too.

“I’ll take this one, thank you so much. I knew you had a good eye.” She said and smiled while looking at herself in the mirror, this was the first time she had looked at herself while smiling.

“You're welcome.” I smiled back, even though I still not understand how she could afford that dress, but that was probably because I had a different background than her. Anyways it looked so perfect on her, and she seemed to like it too so it was probably worth it.

“Addison?” She asked I nodded.

“Do you want a dress? Maybe for a special occasion?” She asked, my eyes widened. How could she ask me this? I couldn’t say yes.

“Uhm I don’t have an upcoming occasion, so I think I’ll pass. But thank you.” I smiled, she tilted her head.

“Come on, you have seen me trying on dresses for almost 3 hours, and you have been so patient, why don’t you try atleast one?” She asked.

“I’m not sure.” I said, it was nice of her to think of me, but I could in no way be able to afford a dress from this store. My mom would kill me if I bought a dress for so much.

“Please, just try it.” She said and folded her hands. She looked at me with puppy eyes. She was pretty cute when she did that.

“Alright.” I said, but I knew this wouldn’t end well. I would just try on a dress and not being able to buy it, and then feel sad about it for quite some time. 

“Here you go, I think you’d look amazing in this.” She said and handed me a white dress, it looked like a dress an angel would wear. I tried it on, it suited me well. I took a quick look in the dressing room’s mirror, I looked amazing. I took a big breath in, and then let it all out.