4

“Addison?” Elena called, I turned around to face her. I had never talked to her, but I did sit next to her in class.

“Hi.” I said, and smiled.

“Hey, so I was thinking. You are new, and it must be hard not having any real friends here, so maybe you want to hang out later?” She asked.

“I do have a real friend here, but sure.” I said.

“Well you know, one who doesn’t compel you. But you of course wouldn’t know that she is compelling you, anyways my place after school?” She asked, she had said compelling again. Maybe this was just a thing at this school, maybe it meant something different than I thought. 

“Sure.” I said.

“Good, then I'll see you later.” She said and left with a smile. She seemed nicer than Caroline, but why did she think I wasn’t really friends with Rebekah? I shook it off not wanting to course a big deal out of something small. Then we went to class, and we had Alaric again. He was my favourite teacher, he was happy, his classes were interesting and everybody seemed to like him so that automatically made me also like him. 

After school at Elena's house:

“So what do you wanna do?” She asked.

“I don’t know, whatever you want.” I said.

“Well we can do our nails? Or watch a movie? Or… Wait, have you ever been to the Mystic Grill?” She asked, I didn’t even know what that was. I shook my head, and she lit up. 

“We HAVE to go there then, it’s the ultimate hang out spot. Everyone from school is always there, we might see some of the others.” She said and smiled, I thought about it for a second. It sounded pretty cool to me.

“Okay let's do it.” I said and smiled, then she took my hand and we walked over to the Mystic grill. We found somewhere to sit, and ordered some food. I ordered a chicken curry sandwich and Elena ordered a ham and cheese sandwich. We tasted each other's food too, she seemed very nice. 

“Oh my god, that’s Damon. Damon over here!” She called, and a stupid hot dark hair guy walked over.

“Elena, hey. And this is?” He looked at me.

“Addison, the new girl.” Elena introduced me.

“Ahh well hello Addison.” He said and smirked, I just smiled back. He was holding a glass of bourbon, which meant he was older. 

“Sit down with us.” Elena said.

“I actually can’t, I have to meet with Alaric.” He said, I looked at Elena a bit confused. Yes he was older, but not as old as Alaric no way.

“Well then have fun doing that.” Elena said, and he walked away.

“How old is he?” I asked, she just laughed.

“He’s like way too old.” She said while still laughing.

“No no no Elena not in that way, I am not trying to date him. But he isn’t as old as Alric is he?” I asked, she shook her head.

“No, he’s younger than Alaric. But they are still pretty close.” She said, I nodded. 

“But how do you know him then?” I asked, and took a bit from my sandwich.

“He’s Stefan's brother.” Elena said, Stefan… His name sounded familiar, but I still wasn’t sure who he was.

“He’s from our class, probably the best looking guy in the whole school. You must know him.” Elena said, she was right. There was one boy, but he looked nothing like Damon.

“Okay I am not completely sure, but if it is the guy I am thinking about then he doesn’t look like Damon right?” I said, and she nodded while chewing.

“They look nothing alike, but they are full brothers. Believe it or not.” She said and took another bite of her food, so did I. We talked a lot, she seemed really nice and friendly.