Chapter 3.5: The Mystery

Kikky went with the dinner despite not feeling too great. He didn't want to upset Mr. K by just leaving and canceling it. At least he got an early dessert and cold drink to soothe his taste buds.

Before the main course arrived, Kikky gazed off into the window near their table. Everything seemed normal, until he saw a few figures dragging some kind of cart away. "Hmm? You ok?" Mr. K checked on him. "O-oh! I'm fine, I just saw-" Kikky pointed at the window but the figures were already gone by the time he looked back. "...Nevermind." He turned back to the table and laid his head onto his arms. "Mr. K? I have a question, but don't tell anyone that I said this, please." Kikky turned his head slightly to look at him. "Me promise!" He gave a gentle thumbs up. "Have you heard any recent mentions of some sort of plan?" He tried to keep the wording somewhat vague. "Me don't think so." Mr. K answered. Kikky sighed, everything seemed so odd and suspicious today, but what was the reason behind all of this? Kikky wanted answers, but a small part of him told him that he should just calm down and it was nothing to worry about. His mind was a mess at the moment. "Your food is here!" A waiter finally came and served their food. Mr. K had ordered a nice steak dinner while Kikky ordered an omelette with a side of rice. "Heh, tired after a long day, huh?" The waiter asked Kikky as they served his food. "...Yeah." He perked his head up. "We've all been there, bud. Don't worry. Enjoy your meals!" The waiter left the two to their dinner. While Mr. K was happily eating his steak, Kikky felt his appetite lessen, but regardless of this, he still made an effort to eat. While eating, he looked at the window again, this time, he saw some sort of box. "What's that box doing out here? And more importantly, isn't it the one I saw from the labs-" When he looked away for a short bit, the box disappeared. "Hngh..." He groaned in frustration. "Kikky? You ok?" Mr. K asked. "...I just want this day to end. I'm so tired..." Kikky laid his head on the table again. "What about your food?" Mr. K pointed at his half eaten omelette. "I'll take it to go.
Don't worry about me, I'll be fine tomorrow." Kikky tried to reassure Mr. K, which seemed to work.

After Kikky and Mr. K paid and left the restaurant, it was already night by then. "You want me to carry you home, Kikky?" Mr. K asked as he watched the tired doctor stumble a little. "Huh? N-No! I'm fine!......yes please." Mr. K gently lifted Kikky onto his shoulder. "Kikky, thank you for going to dinner with me. Me appreciate it." Mr. K patted Kikky on the head, grateful that he had a friend who didn't view him as a monster. "N...no problem..." Kikky said in a tired, yet happy tone.

(Kikky's P.O.V) "My head feels awful right now....Ugh...I'm sure that I'll forget about this by tomorrow...I just need a nice..."
Seemed like the doctor fell asleep as Mr. K carried him to the train.