Chapter 6.5: Odd but Concerning

During his lunch break, Kikky sat to himself as he ate some chicken and a strawberry shortcake he got from the cafe. So far, the day was barely any better for him, but the more he thought about it, the more he leaned to the thought that something was up.

"Hey, Kikky!" His train of thought was stopped when he saw Mr. K walk up to him. "You feeling better today?" Mr. K asked. "Ehh, I don't feel as bad as I did yesterday but I can't say I feel any better about it." Kikky replied. "Ohhh....is it alright if me sit with you? Me don't want to eat my lunch alone..." Mr. K asked, holding a bento box that looked rather small compared to him. "Sure. I could use the company." Kikky nodded. He watched as Mr. K pushed the small chair aside and sat down on the floor. Last time he tried to sit on one, he broke it, and either way he was tall enough to normally eat at the table. "Kinda wish we had more bench- Hmm?" Mr. K looked at the small tv attacked to the ceiling nearby. "What are you looking at?" Kikky looked at the tv. A piece of news caught their attention, "According to scientists, there are reports of a red moon sighting sometime later this week. They're called lunar eclipses and they're not often seen. If you want to see a red moon then be on the lookout!" The reporter on the tv explained. "A lunar eclipse..?" Kikky was rather interested. "Me have never seen one before. Maybe we can try to see it tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow!" Mr. K was really excited about it. "Heh, I don't see why not." Kikky took his focus off the news and back to his food. It wasn't very long before the two finished their lunch but when they did. "Mr. K, can I have a moment with you in private? You and me?" Kikky asked as soon as he noticed he and Mr. K finished their food. "Oh? Sure thing!" Mr. K complied. "Ok, good. Just follow me-" "Kikky, we gotta return the plates to the cafe, remember?" Mr. K pointed to his plate. "....Ugh." He groaned in frustration as he grabbed his plate and went over to return it, Mr. K doing the same with his box. "Ok! Now we can go speak privately." Kikky lead Mr. K to his lab. Just in case, Kikky locked the entrance to his lab. "Ok....If anyone asks, tell them this conversation never happened, and that I was just treating you. Got that?" Kikky tried to come up with a cover up. "Uhh, yeah." Mr. K was confused, but he complied regardless. "Alright, I feel like the dark bosses are up to something, yet they're not telling us what. And I get that those rabbits might be on the run-" "They are!? Where are they!?" Mr. K started panicked. "Mr. K! Shhhhh! Calm down...deep breaths..." Kikky was able to calm Mr. K down with some deep breathing. "They're not in here. We don't know where they are, or if they're even coming here. But we're making stronger reinforcements...we'll be ready for them." Kikky said this to not only reassure Mr. K, but to reassure himself too. "O..ok.." Mr. K wasn't very reassured and neither was Kikky, but there wasn't much else he could do about it. "As I was saying they're being rather vague with these plans and we don't know why. Don't you ind that weird?" Kikky asked. Mr. K thought about it, and tried to think about the reasons they're keeping it a secret. Even if he had a distaste for one of them, he didn't want to assume that they were doing something that bad.  "Maybe they don't want the plans to be spread so much that they reach the rabbits?" Mr.K theorized. "...That could be a possibility, I guess. The more I think about it, the less I feel like I'm overthinking. Or maybe I am. Who knows?" Kikky said with hints of frustration. He wanted some sort of clarification and closure about it. "Me sure we will be okay." Mr. K patted Kikky. "Hey! Don't-" Kikky purred at the pats. Just as the peaceful moment subsided, the break alarm sounded again. "Break time is over. Everyone report back to your positions immediately." Kikky and Mr. K sighed at the not so great announcement. "Great...perfect timing." Kikky sighed with sarcasm. "We can always talk about it later. If you want to talk about it, me here for you!" Mr. K reassured Kikky. "Thanks, Mr. K." Kikky chuckled a little. "I'll see you after work." Kikky unlocked his lab entrance and left. Mr. K did the same and waved to Kikky as they parted ways.

As the two walked back to work, Razor Mane was visited by two of her commanders. "Miss! We've gotten a call that there will be a lunar eclipse by the end of the week!" The first one said, seeming out of breath. "Perhaps our plan could involve that?" The second one added on. "Is that so?" She chucked in the midst of her sentence. "I can't guarantee it'll involve the eclipse, but I'll talk to the other bosses about it." Razor Mane smiled to herself, awaiting the supposed demise of the two rebels.