Chapter 4.5: Still Inside

(Kikky's P.O.V.) "...They didn't go away. How fun, how helpful. Hngh, I can't stop this from messing with my work."

Unfortunately, his wishes to forget about this weren't satisfied. He still tried to start his day, doing his daily routine of sanitizing himself via cleaning gas chamber and preparing his lab coat for work. He'd usually stop by at the local cafe to pick up a snack before he went to work, but he ate the leftover omelette from last night. Today, he got a note that told him he was assigned to work at the Build-A-Bomination Labs, which surprised him, usually he would work in his own personal lab, but he worked there before, so it wasn't a very big surprise. He simply got his stuff and was off to the lab. The area was filled with various shades of blacks and reds, looking sterile and clean, but not that inviting. While on his way, he was stopped by Razor Mane, "Dr. Kikky, may I have a word with you?" He got nervous when he heard those words. "It's about yesterday isn't it?" Kikky lamented. "Indeed. It won't take long, however." Razor Mane led him to a private corner so they won't be disturbed. While it was short, he was still chastised for his actions. "What the hell were you thinking!? You could've gotten yourself killed! And your impatient ass couldn't wait a minute or two!?" She scolded. "In my defense, it was taking security a while to show up-" "I'm not in the mood to hear your excuses. We appreciate your efforts but next time, leave those types of things to us. If something like this happens again, there will be consequences. Understood?" She interrupted harshly. Kikky begrudgingly sighed, "Yes, ma'am. Anything else you need to say to me?" He prepared himself for possibly more yelling. "One last thing. For clarification, what me and Bye Bye Kitten were talking about yesterday had nothing to do with that monster. However, tell anyone about the argument and I'll tie you to a carousel's generator and electrocute you until you're begging for mercy." Razor Mane left after threatening Kikky to stay silent. He swiftly went back on his way to work, trying to ignore the threats and the images they caused in his head. "Great...more thoughts that I want to get rid of. Thanks for that,  Razor Mane." He said to himself as he finally arrived to the lab. "Ok, so I just gotta find the sector-" Kikky looked to the side and saw two mysterious scientists examining a box. The box looked kind of familiar, wait a second, it was the box from yesterday, or at least Kikky thought it was. He quickly walked away as soon as the scientists turned around. Though the scientist weren't convinced no one was spying on them, as one looked from the entrance of the sector, seeing Kikky walking away as if nothing happened. "Finally, here's the sector." Kikky entered, and not much was found other than a few scientists and containment capsules with plush vessels ready for a soul.  Serious Kuma and Mr. K were inspecting the area, much to his surprise. "Oh hey, Kikky!" Mr. K waved at him. "Greetings, doctor. I heard Razor Mane was going to talk to you about that....incident. I'm sorry if she lashed out." Serious Kuma said in a rather formal tone. "It's fine. I'd rather forget what she said. Anyways, what brings you two here?" Kikky asked. "Serious Kuma was checking on the labs to see if they're running well and it seems so far they are! Me was going to the construction site but me met Kuma near the other side of the lab." Mr. K answered. "We should finish up inspection as quick as we can. We don't want to be late to the site, do we?" Kuma made his way out of the sector. "Me don't want to be late. Me will see you after work, Kikky!" Mr. K waved before leaving to follow Kuma. "See ya." Kikky gently waved back.

As he was getting himself settled, the two scientists from before had a brief and private call.

"Sir, I think the doctor's starting to get onto us. What should we do?"
"Don't worry about it. Keep as much records as hidden as possible, and if he learns too much, we'll deal with him."
"Understood, sir."