Chapter 7.5: Not Getting Better

Kikky returned to the labs, everything seemed normal. He had the note that he would also be filing reports at the end of the work shift, which would take a while depending on how much work got done.

"You guys find these new scientists weird?" Kikky heard one of the engineers break the awkward silence. "What do you mean?" He asked them. "I don't know, the weird vizor like sun glasses and long lab coats look so weird. At least compared to you guys. Eh, it might just be a me thing." The engineer said. "I saw two scientists like that earlier today. I assume that there are more of them you found right?" Kikky asked. "Well, not a lot, but still. It's weird compared to your simple coats and varied accessories. No offense." They pointed to the other scientists in the room. "None taken. Can I also add something that's...somewhat related?" A scientist asked. "Go on." The engineer allowed them to speak. "I heard they're closing DizzyWorld." Kikky rolled his eyes at this statement. "Wow! What a shocker!" He sarcastically exclaimed. "Well that's not all, apparently they're already making new renovations for it. Man, all of this stuff must be eating at our boss, you know?" They continued. Kikky thought about mentioning that box he saw earlier that day, but he didn't want to risk getting into even more trouble. The quiet conversation slowly diminished, until they heard a skull minion scream. One of the scientists dropped a box, possibly containing heavy materials, onto said skull minion's foot. They made the assumption that something heavy was contained there, otherwise it wouldn't have hurt so much. "Ow!! Ow...ow..." The poor guy clenched onto his wounded foot in pain. It seemed to be an accident, as the scientist holding the boxes had tripped. However, the group noticed how the scientist picked up the boxes without even saying a word. No apology, no rude comments, just emotionless scientists that just resumed their presumed task.

 "What the? That bastard just walked away like they didn't injure someone!" One engineer angrily said

"What the? That bastard just walked away like they didn't injure someone!" One engineer angrily said. "The audacity..." A scientist whispered. Kikky decided to quickly take action. "I'll help the minion, you guys keep working." His coworkers nodded and continued their tasks. As for the injured skull minion, Kikky had helped him up. "You alright?" He asked. "Huh? Oh, I'm alright. Other than my foot hurting..." The minion replied. "I'll help you with it right away." Kikky guided the minion to his lab. "T-thank you, sir.." The minion said as he rested on Kikky's couch. "Glad I can help. Wait here, I'll bring out an x-ray." A heavy box like the one that was dropped on the minion's foot was sure to cause an injury, but he had to make sure that it wasn't broken before he could do anything. What he saw on the x-Ray were fractures, nothing too severe in his book, but still something to be on the lookout for. "Your foot only suffered a few fractures regarding the bones, so it's not anything to worry about too much. Still though, after I'm finished, you should definitely get some rest afterwards." Kikky later disinfected the wounds before putting on a cast, and around 7 minutes later, the minion was good to go. "I can't thank you enough doctor! I'll pay you in anyway I can!" The minion hugged him. "Heh, anytime. I'll just need your email and I'll talk to you about it later." Kikky was payed decently well, but he considered lowering the amount they had to pay, maybe even have it be free of charge.

(Kikky's P.O.V) As my patient wrote their email down, my mind rang back at the scientists that caused his injury in the first place. They just picked up that box like nothing happened. Not even a word spoken, not even a grunt when they fell. Though it was possible that their grunt was drowned out by my patient's scream. Maybe it could turn out that I'm not so crazy as I thought before.