Chapter 6: Split in Mindsets

After the unfortunate split up, BB and Mumu were forced to continue the journey in different paths on their own. The minions in the forest a head stood little to no chance against BB's rampage.

BB was slicing up skull minions left and right, and anything they tried to do failed to stop her, let alone calm her down. By the time she killed the last minion in the area, it was a bloody, organ filled mess. BB seemed to snap out of her rage and looked at the lifeless minions. Covered in blood and souls flying away to who knows where? "...Why?!" She punched the metal floor beneath her. After a few deep breaths, she calmed down slightly. "...I can't let this stop me. We'll be reunited at the end of the path? Right?" BB mumbled to herself as she slowly made her way through the forest. She considered meditating in order to contact Master Sloth for advice, but she decided to save that for when she was at a safer place. Eventually, she found stains leading up to higher parts of the forest. Well, as she went on, it looked a lot less like a forest and more of a robotic factory. BB thought about how she could try to stop this destruction. "I'll have to shut it down if...wait...Shut it down. I got it, but how do I do that?" BB pondered to herself. The first thing that came to her mind was a power source. There was more than likely one at least somewhere, but before she could think of anything else, she noticed a platform carried by a crane about to swing directly at her. She hopped onto it and noticed a minion piloting the. BB took this to her advantage and broke the windows on the machine and pulled them out once the platform got close enough. Any attempts that the minion made to fight back were futile. BB considered killing the minion, but before she did, she thought that interrogation would be a better idea. "Where is the power source of the factory?" She calmly asked as she held her blade up to the minion's throat. "Uhh! I-I don't know!" They cried out. "...Tell me what you know then." They shuddered as BB cut their cheek as a warning. "Ok! Ok! I know that somewhere deeper, there's some sort of generator down there! You turn it off and the factory up here goes down!" They cried. "Up here?" BB asked, intrigued. "T-there's an underground factory that I don't think I have access to! The entrances might be further down but take that info with a pinch of salt please!" BB thought about the words the minion spilled out. "Underground? Mumu might be down there! It doesn't seem like the minion knows much else..." She thought to herself. "Anything else?" She asked. "Well I know that they made a new theme park called DizzyWorld and that they know you're coming!" BB wasn't surprised at all, but she knew she and her sister had to work harder since the bosses have gotten stronger ever since the DizzyLand incident. "Very well. I'll make this quick..." After the interrogation, BB swiftly stabbed the minion in the head, giving them a fast and painless death. She sliced it open, watching the human soul freely fly away. BB found this a nice sight, seeing the soul fly away with more energy than the others made her think that they were grateful to be saved. She hoped that wherever they and the other souls ended up in would be a better place than Earth. After the brief moment of relief, she climbed up the crane in an attempt to get a better view on top. The view definitely didn't disappoint, as the sun shined through the partly cloudy sky among the robotic and organic trees. However, she noticed a castle and a factory in the distance.
(BB's P.O.V.) "That castle....Why the hell would they build a new theme park right after one got obliterated? Whatever plans they're up to other than expanding, Mumu and I will reunite and put an end to them!"

BB didn't get much answers, but answers can always wait for later. For now, she had to focus on shutting down the top and finding her sister.

Meanwhile...

Mumu wasn't doing any better, not only did she feel guilt for running from the machines but she was also lost underground with no way to the surface in sight. The gritty pathway and her only source of light being the machinery and the dim sunlight shining from the holes of the metal ceiling didn't help her mood. Thankfully, the area was ventilated, so suffocation wouldn't be a problem. She was hopping further until something caught her eye. She stumbled upon a small wreckage, and near it she saw a bracelet with a grappling hook attacked to it. "A grappling hook? Hey...what if..." She put it on one of her ears and it was a good fit. "Well, this may not be powerful but I can still manage!" Mumu used her enthusiastic spirit to cope with the situation at hand, but at least she found a tool that could help her. She ventured further and deeper, carefully looking at her surroundings. "The coast seems to be clear...hey, I'm actually doing ok on my own...at least so far." Mumu kept talking to herself as she ventured further into what seemed to lead into an underground factory. She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw four engineer skull minions. "Oh? Hey fellas! Look!" When they all looked at her, she would've gone pale from fear if she wasn't a plushie. "Seems like a weak one. Oddly familiar though." One said. "Wanna play around with 'em during break?" Another asked. "Hmm, perhaps I'll be up for it." Mumu tried to think of something but then a quick idea came up in her mind. "Hey, isn't that your boss?" She looked to her left, and to her surprise, the minions fell for it. She ran, or in this case, hopped for her life. "Hey! Get back here!" The engineers ran after her. "Ahh!! What do I do, what do I do, what do I do?!" She panicked in her head. She stopped again once she saw a slide that looked a bit scary. "Eek!" She looked back, and it seemed like they were far away enough for her to think up of a diversion. She looked around, finding round rocks, scraps of fabric, and some leftover plush parts. Mumu acted quick and tried to work with what she had. The engineers caught up and saw her standing in the middle of the slide. "Sayonara, sucker!" One of them kicked her, but to their surprise, it wasn't her, it was just a decoy made of rocks covered with the fabric. Mumu, who hid from above using her new grappling hook on a hanging metal bar, swung down and pushed the engineers into the slide. "Surprise!" They all fell in and slid down. She heard a thud and a slight echo of the groans of the minions, which meant that the slide was safe. "Woohoo!" Mumu slid down the slide and hopped onto one of the engineer's heads as they groaned in pain. "See ya!" Mumu hopped away, leaving the engineers grumbling in frustration.

(Mumu's P.O.V.) "This isn't as bad as I thought! I'm starting to get the hang of it! I-I think! At this rate, I'll meet up with her in no time!"

Mumu was getting more confident in her thinking and creativity, but her naivety would eventually shatter.