28 | drowned blood

WARNING: Contains violence, read at your own risk.

Reality truly is twisted

One second you believe the day will be a good day.

When you set foot down from your comfortable bed letting out a sleepy yawn. When you reach your school or your destination on time. When your friends give you their full attention.

But as soon as you overslept, miss your transport, fail an exam you studied for, fight with your parents, lie and tell your close ones the typical " I am fine." when you are anything but "fine", see your loved ones favor someone else over you. Perhaps your siblings?

That's what you call a bad day and you absolutely have every right to.

But you know when I call it a bad day?

I call a bad day when I don't see light when no one could possibly wash this pain away when the very first thing I do in the morning is set my eyes on the devil knowing it won't end well for me if I don't give in into the horrible things that are about to come upon me.

And like almost every morning I was tied up. My hands cuffed in rusty iron torture chains handcuff bundles dangling from the ceiling causing my hands to stretch out and my knees to join the dusty brown ground.

Familiar wet tears made themselves known by rolling down my dreary, dirty cheek causing my eyes to burn when suddenly the door opened with a beep and a bright light radiated through the room, alerting me his games were about to start.

I've been good, I don't deserve this. I just don't. I have earned better in life. So much better.

Every second felt like gambling with my soul and I was on the verge of losing and there were only two players.

"Eveline." the familiar, dark, dangerous voice spoke to me walking over to my broken, bruised body, his shoes in level with my eyes.

"Look up to me, my love." His voice demanded.