Chapter 6 - Facing fears

Classes had resumed the next day and the whole class, except for Bakugo, was talking about the news events that night. Bakugo wasn't present due to the ass-kicking that he received at the hands of the Batman. Speaking of, the news came on in the common area recapping the events that transpired that night.

"Last night some apartments were robbed by three armed men who had taken a young girl hostage. The police had immediately responded to the call and a stand-off to negotiate the hostage's release occurred but ended in a shootout." The female news reporter commented.

"Oh god, that's terrible." Ochaco stated.

"Yeah, I hope nobody was injured." Kirishima replied.

"However," the reporter continued, "the situation was resolved when the vigilante turned hero Batman showed up to save the girl and capture the robbers single handed with no casualties. The criminals are now locked up in a prison awaiting trial for their crimes. Now, let's check in with Stacy for the weather."

"Woah, that's so cool. The part about Midoriya saving that girl not the robber thing." Ojiro commented, taking in the news.

"I did what any hero should have done, I'm not looking for praise but to inspire those who have lost hope." Izuku chimed in from the kitchen. He was looking for his protein shake and water that he left in there. His abs were on full display and all he wore was black shorts.

*SO HOT!* all the girls collectively thought before slipping into a daydream about Izuku Midoriya, AKA The Caped Crusader.

While staring at his body, Kyoka noticed an abnormal amount of scarring and injuries on Izuku even given his work. There was what looked to be burn and scorch marks along his right arm, a healed knife wound in the left shoulder, more shallow knife slashes along the chest and a scar from where a bullet was removed. Either nobody else payed as much attention his injuries or the others just didn't want to ask about it out of fear.

"Hey, Midoriya?" She asked causing everyone present to turn out of interest of what may go down.

"Yeah?" He replied with a calm voice. His body calling help me and his eyes telling people he's fine when he isn't.

"Could we talk a sec?" 

"I guess" And with that they left the room and the other girls were left jealous because Kyoka got to go spend some time with a hot piece of ass that was the Batman.

They arrived at Kyoka's room and entered the rock-loving violette's room. She shut the door behind them both and then turned to look at Izuku. He was expecting a straight, stern face from her but was surprised when she turned around and had tears rolling down her face. She was crying. For him...

"Why?" She simply asked as she wrapped him in a hug.

"Why what? The scarring?" He replied.

"No... why do you keep doing this to yourself and others around you who care for you?"

"..."

"Midoriya?"

"..." she then read the look on his face. It was of anguish, pain, suffering. He had seen things. Things that she could only imagine in her worst nightmares.

"I'm... I'm sorry. I didn't mean t-" but before she could finish, she found herself enveloped in a hug. By... Izuku.

Izuku held on to Kyoka's small frame as he hugged her tightly and let tears fall from his eyes. She only stood there and held on to him to offer him some comfort in his release of emotions.