Chapter 16 - Batgirl and 'Babel'

"Police detained the dangerous psychopath Himiko Toga last night after an assault on a young woman. The woman was frightened when police got to her but was calmed down quickly when All Might brought her to them. He was praised for his heroics and the capture of Toga. No statement was released from the woman but All Might had this to say." The news woman said.

"Beware evildoers, the Symbol of Peace is always around and will foil your schemes. Ahaha." He said on the news.

"All Might was then rewarded for his heroism while Toga was escorted to the Arkham wing of Tartarus Prison for rehabilitation. Back to the studio." The reporter concluded as Izuku switched off his tv and walked to his training area in the Batcave. Eri was down there with him, already training while he watched someone else take credit for him saving someone. It wasn't that he was angry about, he was more angry at the fact All Might was supposed to set an example unlike some of the other fakes. He wasn't supposed to be so narcissistic or take credit for others' work. 

Izuku had reached the training area with Eri who had been practicing how to use items like a grapple gun and batarangs. She had been making good progress with her combat and stealth ever since she had been taken in by Izuku. In her spare time she had also done some practice with Katsuki and Aizawa. Speaking of, class 1-A was busy in gym gamma running through some fitness drills while our two heroes were training and tinkering. 

"Hey Eri?" Izuku spoke up while making some modifications to his shock gloves. After testing them in his battle against the Nomu, he had removed them due to the dangerously high voltage they give out. The voltage could be so harmful that it could cause fatal injuries so he had to tinker to prevent it. But for now, they were unusable.

"Yeah Midoriya?" Eri replied, looking curiously at her idol and now father. He handed her a small note and gave her strict instructions. 

"Take this to Kyo and only let her have it. Then I need you to come back, we are going out for a walk."

"Ok, I'll be quick." And true to her word, she returned within 10 minutes.

"Impressive, I see you studied the routes carefully." He praised her upon her return and quick time.

"I did, just like you do. But where are we going?" She asked the green haired mystery.

"...To see our family."

About  1 hour later 

Izuku and Eri walked through the entrance to a graveyard. Izuku held flowers is one hand and Eri's in his other. He had thought it respectful to go and visit both their parents that day, Eri even brought some flowers of her own. They journeyed to the grave of her parents first since she was still extremely torn up and sad about what Overhaul took from her. She wouldn't take his life for it though. It isn't up to her who should deserve life or death, but she could stop innocents from experiencing this tragedy too. In this way, Izuku connected with her and show her how to give them justice the right way.

"I promise that we'll get him Eri, you have my word." He said as he placed some fresh flowers upon their shared headstone.

"I wish there was something I could have done. To stop this." Eri began, tears threatening to fall.

"Don't do that. Don't begin to put that on yourself. It was nothing that could have been helped. That could have been anyone and you are just a child. It is ok that you were scared. I look back on the day my parents were taken every day and the more I do, the more I realise that it was beyond my control. That it was destiny. We all have a destiny, yours is to give people hope and I will be beside you the whole time." He said, hoping to calm her as he pulled her intoq a hug. She happily returned his hug and they stayed like this for a while. Nothing else was there at this moment, just a father and his daughter.