Chapter 21 - Aftermath

Two weeks had passed since Izuku's encounter with Bane at the prison. He still laid in a bed in Recovery Girl's office unconscious from his injuries. Kyoka had been panicking constantly and the rest of the class had been incredibly worried for him in his condition. He had remained unresponsive but was still alive. Recovery Girl had done her best to heal him but she was just barely able to fix his spine. Had he not been rushed to her, he may never have recovered.

Eventually, Izuku began to emerge from his unconscious state and felt great pain all throughout his body. He was wearing casts on both his arms, a brace on his back and was hooked up to a heart monitor and an IV bag. His cowl was still on and his gear was in a corner. Recovery Girl reentered the room just as he began to wake and Kyoka followed not long after. Recovery Girl walked over to him and started taking his readings while welcoming him.

"Welcome back Mr Midoriya, you've been out for a while." She said, checking all the equipment he was hooked up to.

"How long?" He replied coldly. 

"Two weeks. You're lucky you were brought here in time or you may not have recovered at all." Izuku then looked to Kyoka.

"Were you hurt?" He asked, genuine concern for her and his unborn child. 

"No," she replied, "but you were so hurt and in so much agony it was almost unbearable to witness."

"I would do it again to protect you. What about the villains? Bane?" His tone now more serious.

"Most of the villains escaped but Shigaraki was captured a few days ago. Bane has been missing ever since.

Izuku just started tearing off the heart monitor and pulled the IV tube out of his arm. He then proceeded to rip off his back brace and his arm casts.

"If the heroes and police didn't show up then he would have been behind bars." It was clear he was pissed about what Bane had done and the mark he had made. 

"Izu, calm down." Kyoka pleaded.

"Mr Midoriya, you are nowhere near fully recovered. You need more rest and time to heal." Recovery Girl said, rushing over to him to try reason with him.

"I'm fine." Izuku replied, grabbing his the rest of his Batsuit and leaving Kyoka and Recovery Girl both there in shock. Kyoka had never seen this side of him before. She knew that he didn't like to have help from people but this was different. Something worrying. 

Batman walked into the dorms and through the common area. He was about to go upstairs but was stopped by Bakugo and Kirishima.

"Oh bro thank god you are alright. We knew you would pull through." Kirishima exclaimed, but Batman just kept his regular no mood face and stayed silent. Eventually everyone had came in and started asking him how he was but he always replied with "I'm fine". Izuku turned around to leave but was questioned by Mineta.

"Where are you going? You're in no shape to fight anyone."

"Yeah," Todoroki continued, "you've just been seriously injured and just got out of hospital."

"Crime doesn't sleep and neither does justice. Bane has already had time to create whatever compound he was making weeks ago. His tracker is currently active and I'm going to find him before he can do any more harm." Batman replied and he began his way to the Batwing which had just landed at the front of the dorms.

"Izu. Stop, Izu. Izuku!" Kyoka said, blocking his way to the vehicle with the rest of the class following behind the pair and watching the interaction.