41.

Third person pov

Jungkook stared with wide eyes as Taehyung's shoulders suddenly tensed up, a gasp leaving his lips. The trueblood was shocked when he saw tears welling in the boy's eyes.

He was pushed away abruptly, head hitting the headboard of the bed, making him groan deeply in pain.

"Fuck!" He held his aching head, screwing his eyes shut for a moment as his vision was getting blurry, but it snapped open again when he heard a loud thud followed by a whimper.

"Tae?!" He whisper-yelled- to not startle the already scared boy-- when he saw the omega fallen on the floor, his knees landed on the wooden floor which caused the loud sound.

He was shivering, looking desperately scared and broken.

Jungkook felt really a pang in his chest when he saw his state but didn't understand why he was scared at the moment-- because of the pain or because of being shocked on waking up beside him.

He quickly got off the bed and made his way to the boy who scurried away, his lower lip wobbling.

"N-no!" he yelled when Jungkook didn't stop coming near him. He wrapped his arms around himself-hugging himself as tears started rolling down his moonlit face.

His wet eyelashes fanned over his cheeks, and he gasped, shuddered and recoiled from every touch of Jungkook's.

Jungkook was close to losing his sanity now. The forlorn state of the boy was terrifying him.

Taehyung seemed so broken, scared and disheartened that it made him want to cry to him and tell him that he wants to hold him-- not just to comfort him but also to comfort himself.

It was hurting him because Taehyung didn't trust him and was scared of him.

It hurt so bad, but he knew that his mate was feeling more pain than he is.

He had thought that Taehyung will be fine after his wolf gives him back control, but he was still refusing to be touched by anybody.

"Tae, pup, please don't do this," Jungkook says sweetly when the younger starts sobbing hardly, his body trembling. He didn't want him to worsen his health by sobbing.

He held his shoulder softly, hoping that Taehyung would just let him do it to make himself feel better--

But his hope wasn't fulfilled. Like always.

Taehyung froze before growling and picking up a vase from the nearby bedside table and smashing it on his arm which immediately started bleeding when the glass pierced his skin.

Jungkook yelped, backing away instantly-blood now flowing down his arm, staining his white shirt. Red drops dripped down the shirt which got soaked within seconds.

He winced, pressing down on his arm to stop the bleeding. It was very uncomfortable, but he knew he could take it. All this was nothing for him, he was the owner of a sword-training institution after all.

He looked back at Taehyung with soft eyes and sees the younger's shaking scared eyes looking back at him. He could clearly see the guilt that was hidden behind his tears.

"I-I..." Taehyung stuttered, guilty for hurting him but more scared that Jungkook would hit or worse, thrash him for doing whatever he did.

"It's alright, pup. I know you aren't in the right state of mind," Jungkook uttered in a soothing tone, kneeling down with a safe distance between them-- finally giving up to get closer to him physically.

I wish I could tell you that even I wasn't in the right state of mind when I hurt you-but you wouldn't understand.

Jungkook pushed those thoughts away and focused on the traumatized, broken boy. He bit his lip before asking,