Chapter 2

Matteo’s POV

I stared at her as she made her way up. I wanted to hurt her. I…wanted to hurt her so badly for thinking she can trap me or use me and get away with it. But I couldn’t. I am still mad but looking at what she had done to herself I was disgusted.

I wonder why women go through to these lengths only to trap men. Why they would offer a child to someone who doesn’t need it from them. How hard it could be to get an abortion? At least it won’t be more trouble than actually carrying it to full term. 

I got down and asked Peter to come. I was to sign some documents that I left unattended thanks to my wife. Also, there were more investors for the Riverland project too. And, I was still to give them some time.

Done with the breakfast I checked my cellphone to find an email from the doctor who was seeing my father. I didn’t open it. I knew if he was dead I will receive a call.

Peter arrived and started with the files requiring my signature. My office was almost completed here but I was thinking to resume matters after the opening of my Riverland project. I was still looking through files when I noticed some pictures taken on the site. One of the women standing in the engineering team was pregnant.

“Who is she?” I asked,

“She is the wife of our chief engineer. She was visiting the site that day.” He answered making me wonder what job Julie was talking about.

“What happened to that driver?” I asked making Peter nod his head. “I think he is still covering his back. There must be someone helping him out…”

“And, what job…Julie was talking about?” I cut him off.

“She was working in a cafeteria. If you want I can find the details.” He offered and I shook my head.

“Who cares?” I replied signing the documents.

“About the meeting…Mr. Lou’s assistant wanted to set a date.” I inhaled sharply while my entire mind could only think about what to do with this baby. There was a very good chance that it was mine and…she had every way to cash it.

“No,…We can’t do it right now. Let them wait…we don’t want investors. They…need us.” I replied and told my butler to tighten the security. I couldn't take any chances with her. I started walking to my room to only stare at her door.

I know one day she will lose all the hopes she had wrapped with this baby. I was not going to give her anything and she was bound to be disappointed and hate this baby. I chugged down the energy drink my new dietician has formulated for me.

Fuck…this whole place was mine. If I wanted to see her I had every right. And,…I think I haven’t told her enough about her greed.

I went inside her room to find it empty. Placing the bottle on the table I walked to her balcony. The view wasn’t bad. And, then it clicked. Yes….I gotta make things official. There is no way I will spend a single penny on the baby that I never wanted. If she can run away from me she sure can find a way to make things work.

I heard the shower out of her bathroom and my feet took me to the ajar door. My mouth was twisted looking at her body. It was hard not to look at what she had become. She was a piece of art. But wasn’t it supposed to be the other way around? I was never attracted to a plus woman but her…thighs seemed touchable. I wonder if I could still handle her or was she too much to take.

I walked to her. I knew I shouldn’t. If anyone comes to know I did something like this…but no one was here right now. And, she won’t tell anyone. Her hair was not blonde anymore. The colour was left only at the ends now while the rest of her hair was brown. Her hands tried to reach her back but couldn’t. She didn’t try anymore and the moment her hips swayed she jumped to look at me. I think I said something. I don't know what but I had made the noise and now the deer was alerted.