Chapter 6

“They can’t be here. It is not good outside. Matt! I think she is dying.” He turned around and looked at her.

“What the fuck happened?” And, in the next moment, she wasn’t in my hands anymore.

“She is fucking purple. What you have done to her?” He yelled as I tried to keep up with him.

“She was fine…I don’t know.” I said as I rushed outside.

He kept on taking the stairs to the basement and there was one of the drivers who rushed to the car. “You are not coming with me.” He said making me gasp.

“I can’t trust you with her.”

“I wasn’t talking to you for fuck’s sake. This car only has two seats.” He said and I didn’t mind.

He gave me Ava back as if giving me a parcel. I got her nestled between my arms before he took the car out. The clinic was literally two minutes away from our mansion. We two stood in our night suits in the hospital as the doctor took her into the emergency.

“If I get to know that it was your doing to get my attention. I swear I am going to kill you.”

I looked at his feet and those were bare. And, not to forget it was a storm alert but he got out for her.

“You care for her.” His eyes narrowed before he looked at me as if I am stupid.

“No, if something happens to her people are gonna say I am responsible or lose my mind over your infidelity.” I wonder from where this man thinks.

“Mr Lucca…Ava is fine but…it turns out that stitches used on her were not fit and that went wrong.”

“What do you mean…not fit?” Matteo asked back.

“Well, it was a mistake...”

“No…you are not getting it. She is my daughter. Was your team not aware who they were treating when they nursed her yesterday?” The doctor seemed puzzled.

“How is she now?” I asked making Matteo look at me.

“I am talking!”

“How is she now?” Matteo looked at the man who trembled.

“She will be fine.”

“She better be. She is mine…and, no I am not the good person you think I am. I am the person you don’t want to mess up with.” Matteo roared only disturbing the people who were passing us.

The doctor left and he too left after the doctor. I wonder why he was behaving like this. Did he care about Ava? Was I blind to not notice that he would care about Ava? No, he didn’t even want her here in the first place. Not knowing what he is up to I followed him.

Coming in I was horrified seeing how he wasn’t letting anyone around Ava. “What are you doing? Are you trying to kill Ava?” I exclaimed making him look at me.

“No…they had already killed her...almost. I have called one of my friends and I can’t let them do anything until we are sure what they are up to.”