Chapter 5

I kissed my daughter laughing as she refused to get changed. She was only six months old but so strong. She was a good girl but not when you want to change her diaper. I didn’t go to visit Mr Lucca though Matteo did get his other business trips. I heard her giggling as I turned to dump. She knew she gave me the hard time and I laughed noticing that lovely smile.

I heard the cellphone vibrating and without me checking I knew it was Liam. I hadn’t picked his phone and I guess somewhere he should know the reason too. I had gotten numerous texts from his side but that too was not enough for me to respond. I didn’t throw away the phone knowing I can use it if needed. And, not to forget I had tried contacting Veronica. So far, David was safe at her maternal home in Switzerland but I wonder for how long they would try to hide.

Ava had grown a liking to this place she recognizes as home. Her favourite place was the living area where a huge aquarium was hoisted. The problem was Matteo was strict in the orders that he didn’t want to see Ava anywhere but locked up in her room. So, I had to get her to her room before it is his time.

I was feeding her and lost in the deep thoughts. At times I felt so content knowing my daughter was safe and well-fed. And, if I do nothing with my life more I was content.

She threw up a little on me and telling the staff to have a look at her I went to change. Coming down I was getting my hair into a bun when I found Matteo standing so close to her. And before I could take a step he leaned to her level.

“Who am I?” He asked while what seems to be shaking her. I was about to say something when I heard Ava laughing.

“I am a monster.” He growled and she laughed harder.

“Monster.” He tickled her and she responded but when I saw him catching her from her collar to get her in the air I had to intervene.

“Matteo?”

“What was she doing here?” He asked back without looking at me.

“Matt…no,” He swings her in the air and my heart skipped the beat.

“Don’t do that!” I yelled.

“Look Ava…she is your mother. She only wants to take advantage of you…” Looking at me Ava whined getting her hands in the air.

“And, here I am…someone you can take advantage of…so…choose wisely.” He asked but she only whined louder.

I neared and tried to hold her. “No…your time with Ava is up…come here.” He asked for the maid and gave her Ava who continued asking for me.

“She is not used to leave me at this time.” I resisted but his eyes told me I had no other option.

“Matt…” I said weakly as I took his jacket off wondering if he could allow me to see my Ava. “Don’t you fuck up the rules or we will have to send Ava away. You know…I own so many places…and, she…” I wonder if he could notice the helplessness on my face because he stopped.

“I want my…” He grazed his thumb on my mouth. “…wife back. The beautiful one…and, the one I could fuck all night long. Who...would welcome me with a smile...and stays quiet no matter what I do.” He held my waist and kissed my neck.

“Matteo…” My breath hitched.

 “...I…I am healing,” I whispered while his hand groped me. “Well, you know the other way. And…I think you are loving it here more.” I looked away trying to not burst.

The next day when he got away, I ran to Ava's room. After feeding her I was taking Ava’s pictures because she looked so cute in her green dress. I was smiling looking at the screen when I got a text from Liam. “You brought it on you.” I wonder what he meant. My fingers irked to text him but I refrained.