Chapter 4

It's a very very long chapter. So, you better give me my comments. The ending is sad af. Don't kill me.
Matteo's POV

“Congratulations! Cheers! Woah!” A lot of people stood clapping for me as I pulled the string. But all I could recall was her standing under an umbrella with that lad.

My uncle was the first one who came forward to give me a side hug and many followed too. Later, followed the state minister of Kuwait.

“Where’s your wife? Killed her or what?” Mrs Saud came to ask and I leaned in to hug her, “She is in labour.”

“Woah, I guess this day is really yours.”

“Every day is mine.” I winked pulling away.

“So, she wasn’t with anyone. That person seemed to be helping her.” Mrs Saud came to stand by my side and I laugh.

“I am giving her right at home. She doesn’t need anyone else.” She nodded her head.

“Shouldn’t you be with her? Such a stupid woman to bear a child for you.”

Her audacity.

“Stupid…but show me a more powerful woman here. She knows…how to play.”

Screwed me. My wife literally screwed me.

“Powerful?” She scoffed.

“She…is the mother of my future heir.” I pointed to the stone behind where the Lucca enterprise was engraved.

And, there it was Julie in my mind. The day she told me she has fallen for me. What does she think? That I will be at her feet worshipping her?

“Mr Lucca? Let me introduce you to Mr Paige. He is my childhood friend. We went to Oxford together.” Mr Hashimi introduced me to a man. I shook my hands with him.

“He is a professor in physics.” Making the interaction brief I added,

“Please come to the party tonight.”

The speeches followed. The C.E.O and I exchanged the files as I delegate him the powers as a signing authority. And, mentioned briefly about the other projects our enterprise working on. Saying that we are always open for collaboration I descended the stage. Though it was a lie. We were open to only who is worth it.

Coming down I found Peter approaching me and knowing I will again be busy meeting people I let him finish. “Mrs Lucca delivered a baby girl.”

I looked at him static. I knew she was pregnant and delivering and it shouldn’t come as a surprise but I wonder why she would give birth to a daughter. What use a daughter would be for her?

The food was served and I met other state ministers before excusing myself. It was three in the afternoon and I had to attend the party at night.

I looked at the huge buildings passing me. What the hell she was plotting? I wonder.

“A daughter…she is going to be nothing but trouble. Well, who am I to worry? That’s her problem.”

Getting to her room the first thing I noticed was her looking down.

“So, it’s a girl,” I said making her all alert. She held a blanket close to her body that I assume was the baby. She looked drained and her hands were shaking as they clutched onto the baby.

“You…really is something. Aren’t you?” I shook my head barely caging my laugh. Her breathing only escalated.

“I wonder why you would want a girl. She…is not worth anything. I mean…if you planned to move my heart or wanted something out of her. Birthing a son could have been a way…somehow.” I got the cigarette out before looking at that little foot peeking out.