Hot Stove Emma!

SkittishReflections: *cooking sweet corn* This will go great with the mesquite chicken for Emma!

Emma: I am NOT having mesquite chicken and sweet corn for dinner!

SkittishReflections: Oh, yes you will! *turns the stove off and takes the pan off the hot burner*

Emma: *absent mindedly puts her hand on the hot burner* I'll have you know that....... *burns her hand* YOW!!!!!!!!! MY HAND!!!! *takes her hand off the hot burner quickly* MY HAND!!!! *crying in pain*

Alan: Are you okay?!!!!

Emma: *crying* No, it burns!!!!

Alan: Go soak your hand in ice cold water!!! *runs some cold water into the sink and dumps a bag of ice in the sink* Go on!

Emma: *puts her burnt hand into the ice cold water* It burns!! It burns!!!

SkittishReflections: Emma, stop! Let the ice cold water cool your hand off! Just be more careful, next time!

Emma: *feels the pain going away*

SkittishReflections: *shakes her head* What a moron. After, your hand cools off, you can eat. Hurry up, before your food gets cold.

Emma: *still has her hand in the ice cold water* Uh huh.

This story was written on Thursday, July 8th, 2021.

A/N Lesson number 1; Never put your hand on a hot burner on the stove! Emma sure learned the hard way! Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.