Reappearance

My face was covered in magnets. It didn't affect me at all,since I had magnetic shielding,a feature most protogens didn't have.

Man 1: "Wha-"

After killing both of them,I unbuttoned his coat and saw a mark.

Conrad: "MONO."

*Small time skip
*WLDT Headquarters
*Y/N Pov

We walked inside,Emily was loading a magazine.

Samantha: "Emily!"

She finished and dropped the mag.

Emily: "Sam!"

Emily Connor

Gender: Female
Species: Dog (German Shepherd)
Age: 20

-102 confirmed kills
-Served 2 years in the WLDT.
-Emily is a weapons specialist and supplier in the WLDT. Though rarely seen on the battlefield,Emily is well known for her sniper skills and can put up a good fight.

Conrad walked in,face full of tiny... beads?

Conrad: "Hey,guys."

Y/N: "Whoa,what happened?"

He tossed the weapons onto the table.

Conrad: "Ran into some friends from MONO. Fuckers had magnet rifles."

Nick: "Good thing you got that shielding,huh?"

He pulled on one of the magnets,but it only shifted a little.

Conrad: "As annoying as it was,yes. Got any pliers?"

Ronnie: "Blue box,top shelf."

Ronnie Sammings

Gender: Male
Species: Mouse
Age: 20

-310 confirmed kills.
-Served 2 years in the WLDT.
-Ronnie is the one bringing intel to the WLDT. He's also a technologist,creating manually and AI controlled devices and robots. In fact,nearly 75% of his kills were from tech.

Emily: "You sit down,I'll get them."

Conrad: "Thanks."

Emily proceeded to pull the magnets off one by one.

*Small time skip

She put them all in a metal case.

Ronnie: Put them in the demagnetizer."

She swirled them around for a bit before putting them into the demagnetizer. She pressed the button and with a beep,it whirred up as the magnets heated up inside. After the demagnetizing process was finished,Ronnie put a glove on,walked over and picked one up,all power lost now,and rolled it in between his index finger and thumb.

Ronnie: "Demagnetizing,heating a magnet past the Curie point.

He tossed the magnet back in.

Ronnie: "Until it's just a neodymium,iron and boron bead."

Conrad: "Wait,why didn't they get stuck to the tweezers? Or the case?"

Ronnie: "Lead,Conrad. They're made of lead."

He took a look at the magnet rifles.

Ronnie: "These must've been too."

Y/N: "Alright,Emily,whatcha got for us?"

Emily: "Well,while you were all gone,I took the liberty of putting advanced attachments on all your weapons."

She spread the weapons out on the table as we all grabbed and inspected them.

Emily: "Y/N and Stephen's rifles now have a modern era oil can supressor,extended mags,a retractable stock and a standard 0 to 8x reticle

Emily: "Y/N and Stephen's rifles now have a modern era oil can supressor,extended mags,a retractable stock and a standard 0 to 8x reticle."

Y/N: "Sweet."

Emily: "Samantha's pistol now has a monolithic suppressor and an attachment on the underside that allows it to hold a single 12 gauge shotgun round."

Nick: "And what's this over here?"

Emily: "That is an advanced version of an M203 grenade launcher,the M213. And Conrad,you get a dozen cluster grenades."

Conrad: "Aw,hell yeah!"

Emily: "Under one condition,that you only use it when necessary. You've had history with handling explosives."

Conrad: "Got it!"

Jamie: "Alright,time to sleep,nighty-night!"

Conrad: "Night,guys."

Nick: "Night."

Y/N: "Night."

Emily: Good night."

Stephen: "Night,sis."

Samantha: "Night."

Chen: Ronnie,you're... not sleeping?"

Ronnie: "I've gotta work on something,you sleep."

Chen gave him a pat on the arm.

Chen: "Alright then,see you tomorrow."

It's me again! So,I've been putting a lot of effort into the next few chapters but I'm kinda stuck on one. Will take a while for the block to clear,but I'll try my best! Stay inside.

-J
(587 words)