This Means War

We were rushing back to our bunk.

Y/N: "Which one?"

Ronnie: "The on in the Delta District,#26."

He quickly opened a folder sent from the site.

Samantha: "Oh,god."

Y/N: "I'm pretty sure we all know who did this."

Ronnie: "MONO. There were two MONO troopers dead among all the deceased officers."

Y/N: "Yup. But,some of them don't look like they were killed by gunfire."

Ronnie: "They were not. Forensics are looking into it. Won't take long for results."

*Small time skip

Ronnie: "Results are in. So,says here that some died to gunfire,but others were torn,bit and one had his head crushed. Most likely from a hammer or something."

Y/N: "Hm. If I recall correctly,all the police departments had surveillance cameras,right?"

Ronnie: "Yes,but they hacked the surveillance cameras and tech before killing everyone inside."

Samantha: "Shit,they prepared."

Ronnie: "I can make an assumption that we're fighting against something stronger,though."

Y/N: "No shit. Guns couldn't have done that."

Ronnie: "You'd be surprised what they could do."

Y/N: "Fair point."

Ronnie: "Well,in the police department,they also found 5 shotgun shell casings,but none of the officers or guards were killed by shotguns. There were also only a few pellets in the walls or surroundings."

Y/N: "Basically,whoever or whatever they brought tanked 5 shots from a shotgun."

Ronnie: "Basically,yeah. Most were point blank,too."

Conrad: "Was it a mech,though?"

Ronnie: "The entrance isn't nearly wide or tall enough for a mech to fit."

Samantha: "What do we do now?"

Y/N: "We gear up and wait. Prepare for another attack. We're dealing with something different and when they strike again,we'll be ready. Get the other teams on that as well."

*Small time skip
*?
*John Krei Pov

John: "This... this is incredible! He survived 5 shots. It seems that they're only weak to fatal shots. Paige!"

Paige: "Yeah?"

John: "Get the MONO personnel working on some Biobeast armor. Helmets and chestplates only. It'll be enough for now."

Paige: "Got it."

John: "And ask our troopers to find more subjects. Preferably ones with claws. I'd like to see how deadly they can be then."

She giggled.

Paige: "Oooh,I like it!"

She made her way to our MONO tech workers.

Paige: "Alright,Krei wants some Biobeast armor,helmets and chestplates."

They immediately went to working.

Paige: "Troopers! Krei wants new subjects. Something with claws."

Trooper: "Alright boys,let's get Krei what he wants."

*Time skip
*Police Department #45,Wasp District

We all split into pairs. With the help of two other teams,we were guarding Police Departments #45,47,31,24,15 and around 13 others. Samantha and I were guarding #45 in the Wasp District.

Y/N: "No MONO soldiers yet."

Samantha: "This is kinda stressful."

Y/N: "Hm?"

Samantha: "Well,even with two other teams,we've still only covered 18 out of 60 Police Departments in Vez. There's only a small chance any of us are guarding the right one."

Y/N: "You're right. Still,we have to-"

I held my hand up.

Y/N: "Just our luck. Over there."

I saw them. A group of MONO soldiers heading for the police department.

Samantha: "It's showtime."

I had a bolt-action MK26 Charged Sniper Rifle.

Sam had an AAR-28. I counted around 20 hostiles so far with the NVG-60 sight I had on the rifle. I shot once,making a silent thwip,as the round exited the barrel,dropping a guard. Sam and I kept our distance while slowly taking them out. We killed 5 before they saw us,the flash from their muzzles flashing as they fired back. Our cover from the small post was being slowly destroyed. We started rushing out.

This was fun to write.

-J
(631 words)