Invitation

A/N: LMAOOO HOW MANY DAYS HAS IT BEEN??? anyways I'm truly sorry for being the lazy ass I am, as you see... I LOSE MOTIVATION ✨Q U I C K L Y✨ anyways onto the story.
⚠️WARNING: this will include the events of xiaos quest (kinda) + a bit of ventis quest + angst (idk) ⚠️
———————-———————-———————-————
[Today is a new day. it's not like the days I spend killing hilichurls for hours at a time or relaxing in wangshu inn just to eat almond tofu.]

[this time my days WILL be spent with venti and only venti...at least I hope]

a gentle breeze flew by, xiao who easily woke up by it put his hand on his head and just gave a deep long sigh as he looked at his surroundings, he picked up the situation on why he was here and remembered what happened immediately. Xiao felt a bit flustered about it and wondered where venti went, noticing the time he woke up at xiao assumed that the time now was somewhere near the afternoon.

a voice could be heard from afar but the voice got closer by the second, xiao was confused until-
"OH ?! you finally awoken ehe~ !! I've been waiting for you to wake up but it seemed to me that you needed rest so I left you here to recharge a bit !! ahem,   but it's not what I want to speak to you about."

xiao processed on what venti just said, he stared at the boy who literally just ran here telling him all of this but xiao was happy to know that he came back for him. "then what did you exactly wanted to talk about? is it something important? if not then you completely wasted my time telling foolish things."

"No silly !! I just wanted to know if you wanted to join me for the windblume festival, though you don't exactly have to join me-"

"I'll go." [I said that so fast- what's wrong with me?? did I really just...] "ooooooo !! I can't wait then, I'm glad you accepted the invite....let's go, shall we?" venti gave his hand as a sign for xiao to hold it.

[why is he offering his hand to me?? should I perhaps hold it...? NO nono why am I thinking like this?? I shouldn't hold it.] moments later he held it.

"what exactly is the 'windblume festival' ? I find it hard to imagine on what's it like." xiao was pretty curious about it, I mean obviously you'd get why. he's an adepti who serves Morax and lives his life to protect Liyue harbor which means he only knows his way around in Liyue + around Liyue.

"It's an honor tradition in Mondstadt of course !! it's a time where certain people confess their love err or devote their love to the person...BUT besides that the festival also celebrates Barbatos !!" venti cleared his throat a bit saying his own name (Barbatos)

"Huh...sounds interesting I guess......" xiao thought of the festival in venti's words, he smiled softly about it.

moments later venti and xiao arrived at the gates of Mondstadt and they both were about to enter in until...
"HALT !! Please address your name and where you came from young man with the mask you hold as accessory !! someone look you does not seem to be familiar with Mondstadt, I must confirm your identity before YOU enter." the knight sternly said.

Xiao who was not expecting those type of words to come out of some stranger who barely just met him made xiao pissed off in an instant. "Excuse me? now why do you have the right to speak to someone like that, especially me who's much more in the higher ranks, do you not give respect to an adepti, how foolish of you to-" xiao was abruptly interrupted by venti "AHA- um so sorry for my friends behavior but please do not fret !! he is xiao from Liyue as he said- he is in the higher ranks above you soooo if that didn't make sense then now it does. he won't cause any harm to Mondstadt I can say, he's just here with me to have fun that's all." venti smiled brightly at the knight as he gave a quick wink to xiao.

The knight who was literally scared by all of this information quickly gave a nod as he moved out the way for them to enter.

".......tch who does that guy think I am? he shouldn't underestimate me so easily." venti just laughed at xiao  "pfft I guess you take things to seriously huh? well not that it matters mmmm.. let's go to Angel shares !! it's a tavern I frequently go to sooo how about it?"

"A tavern..? is this what you do in your free time venti? how disgusting. I thought you'd be better than that instead of just drinking the night away." xiao was annoyed by this, the person who he admired was just some random drunkard.

"Ehe- well you can't expect me to be perfect in every aspect, HMPH !! well?? is my question a yes or no to your answer." venti had his hands on his hips as he patiently waited for a response from xiao

"....I'll go but don't expect me to help you at the worst times because I'll definitely not be of assistance to you." xiao scoffed

A few minutes later walking they made it to Angels Share and walked inside. As you expect you see drunkards who were having arguments, sad moments or something abnormal at least.

"Oh, it's you again." A man with red hair who had his hair into a ponytail and wore a black suit which seemed perfect for a nobleman, for xiao who assumed that the guy was rich, he was accurately correct.

"The one and only Master Diluc~ ehe !! anyways pour me a glass of wine and for my dear friend xiao." venti exclaimed as he sat down then somehow pulled xiao with him by making him also sit down besides venti.

"Do not put your filthy hands on me !! ugh...learn to use manners instead of just pulling me like I'm yours." xiao hissed though venti just felt kinda hurt, it's like he was either alright with things or just angry at the world the next. venti didn't really know how to handle xiao but he carried on and just smiled with a goofy grin as he banged on the counter with a empty glass on his hand.

"Is this guy really your friend? he doesn't seem to care about you or your feelings at most." Diluc said concerned.

"ehe- of course he is !! it's just that xiao isn't really sociable yknow." venti grinned as his expression slowly changed into a uncomfortable mood.

"Well am I gonna get that drink or not?" venti pouted.

Diluc just stared at him for a few moments scanning for some change in his expression but carried on as he poured the wine into venti's glass.

"Order up." Diluc glared.