Fragile

— venti )
• xiao )

[ A windy day was pretty ordinary for the city of freedom, where the wind blows of such carefree style and going everywhere as it pleases. . . ]

"Venti, you there?" ————-

I leave my thoughts and snap back to reality, I lazily look at the person who gave a sharp glare at me.

"Tch, my tavern isn't a inn you can rest in." Diluc sternly said, ah.. so that's who's talking! I seem to be lost in thought.

I look at the many, many, MANY glasses of wine that lay beside me.. I seem to have been drinking. A month ago I was with Xiao on a date.. a picnic to be exact.. we had a few moments here and there but it's been awhile, I wonder how he's doing.... I really do love Xiao and certainly do miss him but I can't see him just yet because..

~ flashback ~
a month ago, early dawn. . .
— "Xiao... where are you going?"

• "...Venti listen here, I haven't told you but i'll tell you... lately I've still been thinking about what happened.. (the old god incident)"

— "Oh? Xiao, you don't need to worry now. Nothing similar to that or anything won't happen to you again, i'll be sure of it."

Venti comforts Xiao with a warm embrace, Xiao hesitates a bit but refuses to be hesitant and accept comfort.

• "I appreciate you Venti, one who makes me feel so free.. but I don't think comfort is what I need right now, I need a break for a bit."

— "If that's what you wish for then I won't stop you.."

• "Thank you, Goodbye Venti."

— "Goodbye Xiao."

the two embraced each other once more and separated.

~~ present, now ~~
30 minutes pass by and soon enough Venti was kicked out the tavern by Diluc, He didn't really mind though. Venti got up by his feet and brushed off the dirt that clashed onto his clothing, walking along the grounds of Mondstadt then heading out of the city.

The bard was now alone, alongside his favorite spot of course. (windrise) He looked up at the sky and raised his hand high, feeling the wind flow through his fingers and give a nice breeze as he smiled faintly.

. . .

.

.

.

. . .

Xiao has clearly been "busy" but with what? Who even knows, this edgy guy holds too much inside of him like a fragile bottle.

Xiao sighed as he looked at the night sky, there was never going to be an end for this... is there? The thought of that was enough to make his heart ache... the time spent without venti made his karmic debt increase by the days but... perhaps it was better this way?

Xiao gave a long thought process in the entire month, perhaps... cutting ties off with Venti would be the best.. no, it IS the best. Him and Venti are like the peanut butter / jelly... a perfect pair that was beyond a whole universe.
Why is this whole scenario so familiar? well of course.. the same thing happened when xiao found out about venti's excessive drinking.. but that's different, he now accepts the fact Venti won't stop and he has his reasons for doing so and instead just watches out for Venti.

Xiao thinks about it again.. leaving venti... no, he can't bare it all, he doesn't want to leave venti and in fact — he rather be in his arms instead. Xiao is too fragile without him... at least it seems to be that way.... Xiao was done being someone who just ran away.. he wants to be absolutely honest with Venti, he teleported to Venti's exact location —

• "Venti..."

Venti who was so focused on his lyre didn't notice xiao nearby, he just strummed the strings beautifully without hesitation as he guided himself in the melody... but what ruined the mood was the bard reeking of alcohol, ugh.

Xiao went closer, clearly in front of Venti now and spoke softly —

•  "I'm back Venti."

Venti stopped playing his lyre and opened his eyes, he saw Xiao standing in front of him and it gave him quite a fright —

— "X-Xiao?!"

• "Yes, it's me"

and before Venti could mutter a word out of his mouth, Xiao embraced him tightly and firmed his grasp on him — he definitely longed for the bard once again, for Venti is the light in his darkness . . .

A/N : short chapter and uh, i'll try writing more for the next — NOW !! i'll be dead until the next few months 😝😝 (btw new cover for this wattpad, same artist tho)