Stay

Maybe it's for the best, xiao thought.
He didn't know how far he was after leaving ganyu alone so suddenly, xiao stopped walking for a moment as he turned his back to face the direction behind him.

"this is absurd.. surely me, an adeptus cannot fall in love.. wait love? why did such a word appear in my head !!" he groaned in disbelief as he puts a frown onto his face.
————————————————————————

a week went by, nothing new happened.. at least with venti. He carelessly walked around Mondstadt acting like his encounter with xiao never existed, however deep down he knows it's on the back of his brain.

"Hey Venti, been awhile hasn't it, how've you been these days?" a familiar voice echoed into venti's head, seeing a blondie with a long braided ponytail and a kind smile that travels with a small cute pixie.

"Ah- Aether !! indeed it has dear friend, I've been doing quite well if I do say so myself !!"
he gave a grin that was plastered onto his face.

"Oh !! well that's nice to know... ermm I've been meaning to tell you something for awhile.." aether stopped himself from talking, he seemed rather nervous to tell whatever he plans to speak about with venti.

"hm? what is it you'd like to share with me ?"

"WELL.... I was wondering if you'd like to go with me in Liyue, to be exact the lantern rite festival-" aether was interrupted by a giggle
"Ehe, I'd like to go but why me specifically? it's pretty unexpected to ask me to go with you in another region besides mondstadt." venti was rather confused than gleamed about all this.
"so-" aether interrupted once again, paimon chimed in.

"Aether invited you because Zhongli had something he wanted to discuss with you, paimon's not sure what it's about exactly but don't get me wrong.. you can still have fun of course !!"

"OH !! oh.... WHAT?! THE zhongli?? HIM? MORA- ahem I should calm myself, nuh-uh no way.. not happening !! I'm afraid we cannot go together for the event.. maybe some other time." venti gave a small smile.

"Oh? well that's totally fine.. YEAH we should definitely go together some other time, well see you !!" aether walked away with a wave as paimon did the same. "Cya tone-deaf bard~ !!"

giving a wave to the traveler + paimon once again.. venti was back to being alone as usual, in his spare time he'd play some tunes for a couple of mora but not today, maybe it was time for a different pace.

Venti walked out the gates of Mondstadt and wandered off pretty far passing by springvale and dawn winery. He went somewhere near the  entrance of the region Liyue, he walked on a bridge with a waterfall.

it was getting dark pretty fast, it seems that the sun has already set and venti was interrupted by his evening walk to some geo slimes, 3 to be exact. He pulled out his bow and aimed at the geo slimes, it took a good 2 minutes most to get rid of them but all that matters is that he can finally relax....right?

A shadow at the end of the bridge appeared, venti immediately had his guard up but let it down easily as he saw a body figure with a slender body, messy yet beautiful black-tealed hair and a mask that shined in the dark night.

"Xiao..?!" the name slipped out of venti's name very quickly, he reacted with a shocked expression but felt relieved at the same time.

"Ven- You." xiao took his mask off as he just stared at the bard in disappointment but yet he had this warm feeling as if he was glad to know venti was okay but he didn't want to admit it.

"Hey.. I'm sorry. I just.. uhm, it's a habit of mine to drink.. I should've mentioned it ea-"

"No..don't apologize, there's no need for you to be sorry. I'm the one who's at fault here.... I overreacted." xiao exhaled, "I'm sorry for being the childish one here."

venti stared at xiao for a few seconds and had a huge smile on his face. "It doesn't matter if you're childish or not, we got all those traits, even I do. I'm just glad we're back on normal terms again !! does that mean we can still be friends?"

xiao felt so much better as if a void in him was bandaged up and gave a small smile.
"Yeah we still are." :)
the words that were a satisfying answer didn't satisfy xiao. he knew he was going to tell venti, "stay with me ?" as his official words but instead he went with a normal answer.

A/N: this is short SORRYYYYYHYYYYHHH