Steps

3 days have passed, Xiao was staring towards the road that led to Mondstadt from Wangshu Inn. He clearly missed Venti but he couldn't do anything about it due to the two living in different regions. Xiao sighed looking at the view in silence until Chef Yanxiao came up to him with a warm smile and handed Xiao a plate of Almond Tofu.

He nodded at Yanxiao and went to sit down inside the Inn to eat his Almond Tofu, He stared at the plate for a bit then suddenly used the fork to put it in his mouth, he chewed slowly to feel the texture as if to tasting 'sweet dreams' from the past.

It's been awhile since Xiao went to fight against demons and creatures that would cause trouble in the region of Liyue... and it's all because of a stupid bard that he fell in love with, Venti. He sighed in a frustrated tone as he stood up and left the empty plate of Almond Tofu on the table, Xiao went to a grassy plain nearby Wangshu Inn and went to fight demons around.

It then hit him, What was Venti doing right now..? Just thinking about Venti made him into a blushing mess and accidentally somehow get himself injured. Xiao quickly dashed toward the demon and had it fall to the ground in a flash, Xiao decided to just visit Venti. It wouldn't hurt to do so, right?

He debated with himself for a bit then decided to travel his way to Mondstadt, upon his arrival he went to the Cathedral since he suspected that would be Venti's number one area and no doubt he was correct. Venti sang with the most gentle voice as if a never-ending melody like a piano. The kids smiled in glee having Venti perform for them, When Venti stopped singing he noticed Xiao staring at him in awe.

He giggled to himself and went up to Xiao "This is unexpected of you to appear but now that you're here may I give you a sweet kiss, dear one?" He smiled warmly, Xiao was feeling a bit awkward. They may have kissed at Liyue but with attention around he felt hesitant however he wouldn't decline the affection he is receiving. "...yes you can." Xiao blushed as he felt Venti's lips draw closer to him and eventually they kissed,Venti pulled back and wore a cheesy smile across his face for he too was red on the face.

The two stared at each other and out of nowhere Xiao blurted out "I heard mortals do things like go on 'dates' with their lovers.. I was wondering if you'd like to go on one.. wait did I just-" He cursed to himself for saying that out loud but the sound of laughter filled his ears "I'd love to xiao." Venti hugged him once more, he sure was clingy but xiao didn't mind as he hugged back. He's glad to have met venti.

"I guess we gotta decide on a place to eat at, any suggestions?" Venti exclaimed. "I would say Wangshu Inn but that's a daily hangout area for us.. from what I know." mumbled Xiao. "Hmmm then maybe we should just have a picnic! it's perfect for dates I hear~!" Venti winked, he took Xiao's hand and led him to a nearby storage room and took some things from there, soon enough they went to a hill nearby Mondstadt's view.

All was going great of course, the two enjoyed their time together and ate delicious delicacies made personally by Sara from Good Hunter. A nice cool breeze brushed against them, Venti laid down on the sheet as he stared at the sky wondering and wondering about things that were cooped in his mind. He turned to look at Xiao who seemed to bite into a mushroom skewer which made a satisfying crunch sound, The Adeptus looked at Venti "what's with the look.." Xiao felt a bit uneasy and thought if he did something to harm him or something but those thoughts came to a complete stop when Venti spoke "Huh? OH.... it's nothing, are you having a good time?"

"Of course! anywhere with... you is absolutely comforting." Xiao clenched his fists tight, Venti seemed to notice on why Xiao was acting this way so he pulled out his lyre and strummed a string to settle the mood by his voice. . .

[ His voice is like a sweet dream. . . ]
[ His lyre creates such a nice melody. . . ]
[ Venti was the missing puzzle for me. . ]

The melody came to an end and it seemed that a full moon was rising to the endless starry sky. Xiao unclenched his fists and seemed to envelop the pure gentle melody. Venti got up and sat near the edge of the cliff while Xiao stargazed in silence, He whispered to himself
"The incident cannot happen again.."

Venti looked behind him to see Xiao completely focused on the sky, he smiled at the stargazer and then went back to sit right next to Xiao. It seems as another peaceful night is to be quiet once again. . . Xiao lifted himself up and stared at Venti as if yearning for a need, he took ahold of Venti's chin and pulled him close to him and kissed Venti passionately without holding himself back... The bard was clearly surprised of Xiao doing such a thing! Though he found it cute that Xiao couldn't help himself and let the boy kissed him until it was over, the two had bruised lips, mostly Venti. Xiao realizes what he just did "Venti! I immediately regret for what I just done... it seems I couldn't help myself- I'm sure you didn't-" a finger shushed him and Venti just shook his head "It's alright, I can fully understand on how much you missed me now... no need to worry." Xiao sighed in relief and stared into turquoise-blue eyes while Venti stared into golden-bronze eyes.

"We should get back to Mondstadt and rest up huh?" Venti suggested "Yeah.."

A/N: OH GEEZ FINALLYYYYYY