Meals

A/N: teehee I personally like this chapter<3
————————————————————————
The sun was shining brightly today, it seems as though it felt like something good was about to happen. the common citizens of Liyue seemed to be pretty busy setting up decorations around the plaza.

"Order up !! one plate of almond tofu with a beverage of water, please do enjoy yourself." the girl with short blue haired exclaimed.

"mmm.." xiao was already stuffing himself with the tofu, he munched slowly to feel the soft taste of the flavor... it felt as though it was melting in his mouth.

It was a change of pace to be at the wangmin restaurant instead of wangshu inn but venti was the one who recommended him to eat somewhere else besides the inn so here he is, venti told xiao that he'd join him in a bit as soon as he finishes up his duties at mondstadt... if he even has duties.

xiao finished his second plate of tofu and as he did venti appeared from the distance then got closer as he was near the table xiao was sitting in, he had a huge grin on his face while holding a bag filled up with apples? what were they even for.. he was about to ask the silly bard but venti beat him by a second of speaking.

"Xiao !! I hope I didn't keep you waiting for so long, I had some errands to do but since that's over with I got you a gift." venti put the bag of apples on top of the table and gently pushed it to xiao's direction then settled down on the seat across from xiao.

"a gift..? how absurd.. we adepti don't accept such gifts." he placed his fork onto his plate and crossed his arms like a toddler on a tantrum would.

"really? huh.. well that's unexpected, I was hoping you'd accept it but guess not.." venti reached for the bag to hold onto it but then xiao also took ahold of the bag, he held his grip onto the bag tightly.

"What are you doing exactly?" venti pouted, "you said adepti's don't accept gif-"

"I never said I wouldn't accept it though... Let me cherish what you gave to me." xiao pulled the bag of apples closer to himself.

venti felt a bit flustered by all of this chaos, he got over it quickly and moved on with a different topic. "Why did you exactly choose this place for our meet up? You don't seem to be the type who actually explores the city."

venti snatched the bag back and took a apple from inside, he took a huge bite out of it and felt the delicious taste of the apple. xiao sighed, "I felt like I could go somewhere else besides the inn.. as you recommended. In all honesty I don't mind the different scenery."

"Ah, well that's nice to know you're taking my advice... hey xiao I really want to know more about you than just you being an adeptus and acquaintance to zhongli." venti put both of his arms to rest his chin on as he stared at xiao, waiting for him to speak.

"I knew you were going to ask me eventually, it can't be helped. I'm not sure if this info is necessary for you to know about me but... ever since I met you the pain from my karmic debt has been less excruciating, I must say I'm thankful to you." he muttered the last sentence quietly and bit his lip waiting for venti's response about it.

Venti moved a seat closer to xiao and took both of his hands as he held them lightly, he smiled at xiao. "My warrior, you've worked so hard. I'm glad that even before you met me you still managed to fight off such horrible pain." he then reached for the bag of apples and placed it on xiao's lap.

"Huh..." xiao felt his face turn red out of embarrassment but at the same time he was happy that his effort of fighting karmic debt got him to meeting venti. "you're someone who really is the complicated type.. however it's a good thing I suppose."

"Ehe !! I'm not sure to take that as a compliment or not but I'll go with it being one, I won't be persistent about you're past so you may tell me anything about you when you feel like it. you should also try the apples I got you too." venti said as he suddenly called xiangling over to order a delicacy, the meal being matsutake meat rolls. 4 minutes or so his order arrived and venti was ready to dig in, it smelled and looked very delicious. he was about to take a bite until he noticed xiao take a apple out of the bag and ate it slowly.

"mm....huh this tastes pretty sweet, comparing it to almond tofu it's not bad." xiao said with his mouth full of apple chunks. "I knew you'd like it !! that's why I got 10 of them in total... well 8 now since I ate one and you're eating right now as we speak, ehe." venti hummed to himself as he took a few bites out of the meat rolls.

an hour passed by, it seemed to be working hours as many citizens walked around in such a rush. The two were just talking on how each other's days been and catching up on some daily 'gossip' venti refers to. the bag that was once filled with apples were now a crumpled up empty bag, xiao got up and threw it in a nearby trash can. As he sat down venti immediately got up and cleared his throat, "Today was fun, hm?" venti gave a smile. "Yes...yes it was." xiao sternly said. "That's nice to know, let's do this again sometime !! anyways.. I shall be leaving now, mondstadt is calling out to meeee." he dramatically says as he giggled afterwards. Xiao felt a bit overwhelmed knowing their 'hangout' was over. [it felt too short didn't it? I want him to stay a bit longer.] venti started walking away from xiao with a warm felt goodbye but he wouldn't allow it, he ran up to venti and took his hand and held it tightly.

"Please do not go just yet."

————————————————————————
the end- jkjk I'll write more, y'all deserve it.
————————————————————————
"eh- what's the matter? did you forget to tell me something?" venti's turquoise/aquamarine eyes stared at xiao in such curiosity that it made him a bit speechless noticing how venti's eyes were really pretty, he could stare at them forever no doubt. "...I want to hang out with you a bit more... I am not being a child right now I'm just stating the facts.." he mumbled but venti figured the words out in a jiffy and grinned. "OH !! if that's the case join me in mondstadt once again, how about it?" he held his hand out for xiao to hold which he took obviously. "sure if only you promise to not drink, I know you can handle it but don't risk hurting yourself..." xiao spoke his words cold. "Mmmm alright !! I promise." venti looked at him and gave a reassuring smile as he squeezed xiao's hand tightly so he knows he'll keep his word.