Introduction

Everything happens for a reason you don't know why but it does, but how does someone simply end up searching for the love of their life.

- Anonymous Anonymously

Never knew Miami could be so hot right now. That's the only thing on my mind right now as sweat runs down the side of my head. Its been two years since my parents death happened. After the accident I was forced to go into child protection program and was stuck at an adoption facility waiting for a good family to take me in and treat me as their own. It took a year for that to happen and I plead guilty because I always seemed depressed I mean c'mon I lost my parents for Christ's sakes.

I would often self harm but then I met this girl at the facility and she found me one day in the restroom about to slide the razor across my already scarred wrists. It took one look into to her deep blue eyes for me to drop the razor and slid down the wall as I let all my hidden tears that i held for so long.

She rushed to my side and held me tight whispering that everything will be alright and well get through this together. Thats how i met Lana my best friend and my adopted sister. After a few months had passed a man and a woman came in to adopt two kids. We didn't care because we thought we were too old for someone to adopt us Lana was fifteen and I was sixteen at the time. We were playing cards at a table when they came in and they were looking around until they spotted us and started walking towards our table.

I looked at Lana and she had a smirk on her cute face. I know that face , she was cheating , I saw a card inside her sleeve and I smirked back. I saw her slip the card from her sleeve and put in the stack confidently. Either way I still won I placed my highest card the smirk was suddenly wiped off and was replaced with scowl .

"All the dang time Y/N" she said pouting and crossing her harms looking away from me. I laughed at her little tantrum. "Oh c'mon at least I played fair and square unlike you cheater" I said. The couple finally arrived next to our table and stood there smiling at our interaction.

The tall man spoke up first and asked us our names and we told him. The woman was still quiet as she was thinking internally. It was getting kind of awkward just standing there. The woman finally spoke up "so are you girls best friends or sisters?" She asked. Lana immediately spoke up "both because we are best friends and sisters by bond" she said happily giving me a side hug.

" How would you girls like to be our daughters and come live with us , we always wanted teen daughters " the woman said smiling wide. Lana and I look at each other then towards the couple and nodded furiously. The couple looked so happy at our decision and gave us a big group hug.

They left to go sign the paperwork before we could go. As Lana and I went to our room and gathered all our belongings which wasn't much , but it was enough . "oh my god Y/N we are finally getting adopted!" She said screaming in my ear. I was really happy that we got adopted together. We saw the couple walk towards us with a slight frown on their faces , they probably didn't let them adopt us or probably one of us due to their income or something. They stopped at the doorway and the man spoke up " so ...are you girls ready to hit the road!" He said smiling at us as he showed us the signed paper work.

Lana and I ran towards them and gave them another group hug. I think we are going to get used to this.

So here we are a year later in Miami Florida and the scorching hot sun. We have a beach house and a regular house but Lana wanted to come to the beach house for the weekend . I got super hot so I went to my cool air-conditioned room and got on my laptop just looking and watching youtube videos til something or someone caught my eye.