Chapter 16

Jamari🤍

I woke up and checked my phone

I woke up and checked my phone. I looked at the date and it was February 8th. Tmrw is Promise birthday and Ima make sure my baby enjoy her day.

I was throwing her a party. She knew about the party but she doesn't know the surprise I got waiting for her. I got up and did my hygiene routine. I went to promise room and kissed her bye.

I walked out the house and went to the place where the party was at. I walked in and set up all the tables. The party theme was purple n gold bc those was Promise favorite colors.

I set up the wall that had all of Promise shoes ina case. All the shoes she been wanting I put in the case. Deshawn helped me buy most of them. After that I made sure the menus was correct.

My baby wanted seafood and that was exactly what she was gone get. I bought our baby some stuff purple n gold too. I found this cute outfit that was for both genders and put it ina gift box.

Tmrw was the day I was gone Priomise a promise ring. I was actually so nervous. She so scared ima leave I don't know if she gone say yes. I left the place and picked up breakfast. It was only 10 am so Ik she wasn't up.

I got home and warmed up our food. She came down the stairs and ran into my arms. I kissed her forehead and we sat down n ate.

Kenzie💘

I was at the mall with Deshawn and Trey

I was at the mall with Deshawn and Trey. We was finding outfits for Promise party tmrw. Deshawn still gotta go pick up her poster that got all her pictures on it. It say 'Happy Birthday Promise' in gold too.

We walked into DTLR and got these purple jordan 4s. They was the same shoe she was wearing so why not. We all got our shoes and went to Target. I needed sum purple for pregnancy cuz these regular clothes don't fit no more 😂.

We left the store and headed home. Once we got there we walked in and seen Jamari kissing Promise ona counter.

"AHEM". Deshawn said.
"Tf y'all doin on my counters"?!

He put Promise on the floor and they started laughing. Promise walked over to Me and hugged me.

"Bestie you ready for yo day"?
"Ofc I ammmm".

We went upstairs while the boys stayed downstairs and played the game.

Trey🙄

I was whoopin Jamari ass at COD when sb knocked on the door

I was whoopin Jamari ass at COD when sb knocked on the door. Deshawn went to go get it and it was the police. We paused the game and walked to the door too.

"Is a Mackenzie Jones here?"
"Yea she is."
"Can you ask her to come here"?
"KENZIE COME HERE"! I yelled.

She came down the stairs and stood in the middle of all of us. She looked confused and all we did was shrug our shoulders.

"Ms.Jones um..it is with a heavy heart that I say this". He said with a worried look on his face.
"Your mother has um..passed away".

Kenzie's face looked shocked but numb. Her eyes filled with tears as she hugged me and started to cry. The officer bowed his head and walked back to his car.

Kenzie slid on the floor and continued to cry. She hadn't talked to her mom in some months but she never stopped thinking about her. Promise ran down the stairs to see what was going on.

"Y'all what's going on"?
"Kenzie mama died". I whispered.

Promise fell to her knees and hugged Kenzie as tight as she could. I fell to my knees too and started to cry bc my baby was in pain. Jamari picked Promise up and took her to the room. I took Kenzie to her room and stayed by her the whole time.