Chapter 7 - The Calm Before the Storm

Vanadessë awoke to the sound of a voice. Startled, she sat up and looked around. No one was up. She looked around once again and noticed no one was near them either.

"Do not fear child," said a voice, that she now realised was inside her head.

"The hell?" Vanadessë said.

Vanáezae groaned next to her. She must have heard her.

"Hello," said the voice again. Judging by the sound it was feminine.

"Uh. Who are you?" Vanadessë replied, now thinking in her mind.

The female chuckled, "With your knowledge, you should know."

"Well, I'm in Middle-Earth, and someone is talking to me in my mind. Lady Galadriel?"

"Yes. I need to talk to you," Galadriel said.

"Why?"

"Meet me at the waterfall."

Then Galadriel was gone from her head. Vanadessë sat there for a few moments. Why did she need to see her? With curiosity getting the best of her, she got out of her bed roll and stretched. Might as well go. She stepped over Vanáezae and started walking to the waterfall.

By the time she had gotten there, Vanadessë had spent five minutes trying to find the place. She rounded the corner and saw Lady Galadriel waiting for her.

"Hello," she greeted.

"Hello, Vanadessë," Galadriel greeted back.

"So why did you wake me?"

"You are confused child, and I shall give you the answers."

"Um okay. What am I doing here?"

"That is all part of the Prophecy."

"What prophecy?"

"Lilia's prophecy."

"She has a prophecy about herself?"

"Yes, and I'll leave her to tell you it. But you are here because someone need to accompany Lilia on her journey?"

"But why me? I'm just a kid that she barely knows. We only knew each other for the first nine or so years of our lives."

It was true. She didn't know much about Vanadessë, even if they talk a lot as kids. She had changed a lot since they last met. Well, Vanáezae did know her chrush, her shifting ability, and where she used to live, but that was beside the point.

"You are her friend, and you share many qualities," Lady Galadriel explained.

"Okay. But one last thing," Vanadessë said, looking up to meet Galadriel's gaze.

"You cannot change what is to come, dear child," Galadriel said, knowing her question.

"Why not?"

"It hasn't been done before. Many have tried, and failed."

"Oh. Okay," Vanadessë's heart sank lower in her chest. She wouldn't be able to save him. She just thought, that maybe she could save him. But then again, she could still try.

"Do not fret, you have a great part in this tale. Now go, return to your company and sleep," Galadriel said.

Then she turned, and left Vanadessë with her thoughts. Then she also turned around and went back to her friends. When she got back to my bed roll, she began thinking. Some may have failed at changing things. But that destroyed mean she would. She won't. She can't. He will survive this, she'd make sure of that. With that thought, Vanadessë went back to sleep. Waiting for dawn to come, and to start the journey.